The Diesel Stop banner

Jet A vs Diesel

143K views 33 replies 28 participants last post by  6.0jet 
#1 ·
I defueled a Gulfstream G-IVSP last week and now have 340 gallons of crystal clean Jet-A fuel. All the info I've found on the internet shows several difference, but so far I've had not problems.

I'm wondering if anyone else has used this fuel in their trucks.

I am mixing two quarts of semi-synthetic 2-stroke oil for every 30 gallons of fuel. This is simply to keep the injectors lubed as required by the diesel fuel.

Only observation I've made is that my MPG indicator is 2 mpg shy of what it normally is. I've seen no real depreciation in power but can certainly tell the exhaust is much cleaner.

If you've tried this please post your findings and results.

#30 ·
An update on running Jet-A: I've been running it almost exclusively since maybe last October, but have since learned that when the temps start getting much over 70, my injector pump doesn't like the lower viscosity. It runs kinda crappy in the heat and takes longer to start when I'm running 50% diesel, so I'm going to try 75% diesel to see if it's better. In the cold weather Jet-A is great, I've tried adding a couple quarts of engine oil to the tank to increase viscosity when running 50% Jet-A but it doesn't seem to help much and the exhaust smells bad. At least in Maine we have more days below 70 than above, so I'll still be ahead at the end of the year LOL

#31 ·
I know this is an old post but I am new to this site and hope to get an question answered. I am looking to run Jet-A in my 6.4 Powerstoke. I am looking to add "Diesel Kleen" with cetane boost that includes "Slick Diesel" for lubricant. I have done a DPF delete on my truck. Is there anyone out there with any advise? I am getting 150+gallons a month for free so long term problems may pay for themselves with fuel savings.

#32 ·
I never like to sound like an expert but I think I can speak out on this one. Raw Jet A has a HFFR score of around 720. Raw ULSD has an HFFR score of around 680. High sulfer #2 has an HFFR score of 400. 2cycle oil will drop the HFFR 150 points. Optilube will drop it 300 points.

I have run Jet A and optilube in my 5.9 Cummins. My friend runs 2 cycle and Jet A with no problems. If you dont want it give me a call!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.