The Diesel Stop banner

Jody and Justin were right!

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Justin@DP-Tuner 
#1 · (Edited)
I just got done installing my DP T5 tuner a few days ago. All I can say is WOW!!! Jody told me it would make my truck seem like a totally different vehicle, and boy was he right! I'm going to have to go to the dentist to have my teeth cleaned, because I can stop smiling when I drive it now.:grin2: I ordered the T5 with these tunes loaded (no start, stock, 60hp tow, decel, 60hp highway econ, and 80hp city econ) I have been driving around for two days now on the 80hp city tune, and I cant believe the performance of this truck now. I cant wait to hitch up to my fifth wheel next month and give the 60hp tow tune a try. I am hoping that the trip from San Diego to El Centro pulling my 12k fiver will be a new experience with this newly found power. Im also anxious to try out the decelerate setting. Im hoping it will keep me off the brakes on those long 6% downhill grades.
Looking forward to many happy years of use out of my DP Tuner. Thanks Justin and Jody for an awesome product, great customer service and an all around great experience. I loved having that warm and fuzzy feeling inside that I got when I dealt with your company. Keep up the good work DP Tuner...you have a customer for life!!
:beerchug:

#2 ·
Man thats great to hear !

Do you have an EGT gauge yet?

Cheers

#3 ·
Yep, I have a set of Isspro gauges so I can monitor all the vitals, EGT Trans temp, and boost. I have noticed that when I get on the throttle hard, the EGT's do jump up quickly with the 80hp tune. But I will keep it below the redline. Hoping that my EGT's will stay low while I tow my Fiver over the hill.

#4 ·
Thanks for the info.

I have had an order in since December for your identical set-up but I have been holding off til I can afford gauges.

After hearing your experience I sure want to get it.

#5 ·
My setup is very similar. The exhaust brake is very nice going down long steep hills. I even use it bobtailing. My original brake pads went about 108K miles, and even then they weren't worn all the way.

#6 ·
I'm going to have to go to the dentist to have my teeth cleaned, because I can stop smiling when I drive it now.:grin2:

aka Perma-grin :grin2:
Pretty cool, huh?

#7 ·
I'll be curious to hear your thoughts after a few trips on Mntn Springs Grade.

Drove that road many times when I lived in SoCal headed down to the IV for dunes or ducks.

I've got my gauges and this summer have plans for a similar setup after I R&R my turbo, put in the AIS and get the better flowing exhaust.

#8 ·
Update..

After several long trips towing with my DP Tuner I am extremely pleased with how it is working. Yes EGT will climb on me if I push the truck hard, but if you downshift they come right down. I tend to drive by the gauges coming up the grades, and I have surprised myself with how fast I am going sometimes. Pre tuner, I was down to 30 MPH with the truck floored in some places. Now I find myself doing 45 and still have peddle left and only about 1100 on EGT. I like not having to push my truck hard to get up hills and that is what my tuner is allowing me to do. I also love the decelerate feature, seems to be a brake saver. :grin2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.