The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:grin2:After 10 years in the Ram group, I finally made my way back to the Ford club today. I purchased a 2019 Ford F450 King Ranch just a couple of hours ago. I am excited and already love it. I will be calling to set up appointments in the next couple of days to get the Line-X and Retrax Pro MX bed cover installed. Beyond that I also will be ordering the BD5 AIR-RIDE 5TH WHEEL HITCH tomorrow. I tow a 43' Mobile Suites Atlanta that weighs 24,000 lbs.

Once I get this stuff done, I can start to think about some other mods and utilizing the up fitter switches. Just on the drive home from the dealer, I decided that the adaptive cruise control is a winner.

Joe

Attachments

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Congratulations! I'm glad that you love your new truck.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Congrats Joe! Beautiful truck!!

Once you get some seat time, I am sure we'd love to hear some comparisons to your last Ram. Many folks cruise these forums when trying to decide what to buy since the big three are such a tight race these days.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats Joe! Beautiful truck!!

Once you get some seat time, I am sure we'd love to hear some comparisons to your last Ram. Many folks cruise these forums when trying to decide what to buy since the big three are such a tight race these days.
Will do. I liked my Ram, but so far I love my 450. I really like the electronics such as the adaptive cruise. The radio is somewhat mystifying. I like the CarPlay feature, but get confused as to whether I'm using Maps, the GPS on the truck, or Waze on the screen. I definitely need more seat time behind the wheel to get it sorted out.

Joe

·
Registered
163 Posts
Nice truck. Before you tow your trailer you need to put some miles on it. I think its 1,000 miles. It's for the rear end not the motor.The gear set needs to go through a few heat cycles for some reason. You will absolutely love the power of the 6.7

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice truck. Before you tow your trailer you need to put some miles on it. I think its 1,000 miles. It's for the rear end not the motor.The gear set needs to go through a few heat cycles for some reason. You will absolutely love the power of the 6.7
I don't think that will be a problem. I've had it for 3 days now and have almost 600 miles already.

Joe

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just jumped Ship from Ram as well and bought a new, JET BLACK F350 DUally myself!
congratulations Flitastic!! It will do a fine job for you! My Ram was Black. Black is so hard to keep looking nice and clean. That's the main reason I went with white on this F-450.

Joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts