The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it is finally my turn... My rear fuel tank developed a leak, leaking a full tank of fuel in the driveway. The fuel gauges haven't worked correctly in a long time. I picked up a new steel 19 gal tank. I figure it will last me as long as I own the truck, and if this is the original, it will likely out live me... lol. I removed the tank and fuel sending unit, and of course the shower head was indeed disintegrated. I broke the plastic electrical connector, trying to get it unplugged... and one of the fuel line slide clips ... Dang it!! In my internet search for a new sending unit, I see the MTS gastankdepot.com sells new ones, while Tri-Starr can rebuild what I have. Does anyone have experience with the new ones from MTS? Are they reliable and dependable? The picture on their web site does not show the showerhead. Do you know if this is included? Or, would I need to get one from Amazon? Is it recommended to use this showerhead strainer, or is there a mod out there, as in a simple rubber fuel line for a pickup tube? I am going to replace the filler neck hose as well, as it was pretty dry rotted and cracked in several places. Are there rubber o-rings on the fuel line connectors that I should also replace? Appreciate all opinions, and thanks!!

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
A few owners, maybe on the other site, had complained about the quality of the Oem style pickup. I believe one installer said the new pickup had disintegrated in a short time. So, I used the fuel hose mod with star like cuts in the inlet. I used the submersible, diesel rated hose- inner and outer rubber rated for diesel. Not much more money than a regular diesel hose. Everything with the fuel pickup has been fine since.

·
Registered
231 Posts
DogDare, you will get more help if you include a descrption of your truck. Look at how others post this information and do the same

1 - 4 of 4 Posts