The Diesel Stop banner

Jotto Desk Computer Mount

5K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Band_Member 
#1 ·
Well, I just ordered a Jotto Desk <font color="blue"> Computer Mount </font> for the Super Duty. Anyone else have one yet? We had a post going a year or two ago on this and I was wondering if anyone has one yet in a Super Duty or Excursion.

I will have mine in a week or so and will report back on it.

Oh, I am mounting a Toshiba Satellite 4577 with Intel Core 2 Duo 64 bit CPU 4 GB RAM, Vista Ultimate 64 Bit, Delorme Street Atlas USA & Topo USA with USB GPS antenna. It will make a good GPS with the 15.4" Wide Sceen /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wayne B

See less See more
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
#2 ·
I have had one for 2 years now, and it works great. I use the Toshiba Satalite A75-S231.

I would recomend it to anyone looking for a laptop mount for these trucks.

#3 ·
Stupid question:
Can a person still sit in the front passenger seat with this in? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

#4 ·
Yes. The cool thing about this mount,is that you can swival it around so that you can use it in many different positions.

I use it when working alone on the road, my wife uses it to work from the truck when we are traveling (just swival it towards the middle, and away from the airbag), and we can put it directlu in the center and both see the screen.

We run MS Streets and Trips while on the road, and she can still use it to work or watch a movie.

Go to their site, they have some video there that might help.

#5 ·
It's on the way, they said it should be here the beginning of next week. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif Can't wait to get it installed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif

Wayne B

#6 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Stupid question:
Can a person still sit in the front passenger seat with this in? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

NO but with a RAM Mount from GPS city you mount between the seats and can swivel between drivers and passengers. I have posted about 1,000 posts on the road from my car and SUV using this.

#7 ·
I'll have to disagree with you roofeditor, I have one, and it moves between the drivers area and the passengers area, and points in between with no problems.

The mount, bolts to the 2 passenger front seat bolts, and a small stub sticks up near the tranny hump when the pedestal is not in place, But even that does not interfere with the passenger. I think the JOTTO mount is sturdier with less movement.

My wife and I travel extensively in the truck, and the JOTTO is always in place, and positioned towards the middle and away from the airbag, allowing the both of us to access the laptop when needed, although, I usually just let her mess with it while I drive. It can however, be moved to a variety of positions to accomidate the operators need.

That being said, we have the RAM mounts in some of the Task Force vehicles (FL-TF3 USAR), and they also work well. To each his own, as they both work for their intended use.

#8 ·
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Stupid question:

[/ QUOTE ]

NO but with a RAM Mount from GPS city you mount between the seats and can swivel between drivers and passengers. I have posted about 1,000 posts on the road from my car and SUV using this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to disagree too. Went up to the fire dept and they have the Jotto Desk in the F-350 Rescues. Was not in the way at all. They said it was great being able to move it around so they can access it outside the vehicle.

It will be here Wednesday can't wait.

Wayne B

#9 ·
[ QUOTE ]
I'll have to disagree with you roofeditor, I have one, and it moves between the drivers area and the passengers area, and points in between with no problems.

The mount, bolts to the 2 passenger front seat bolts, and a small stub sticks up near the tranny hump when the pedestal is not in place, But even that does not interfere with the passenger. I think the JOTTO mount is sturdier with less movement.

My wife and I travel extensively in the truck, and the JOTTO is always in place, and positioned towards the middle and away from the airbag, allowing the both of us to access the laptop when needed, although, I usually just let her mess with it while I drive. It can however, be moved to a variety of positions to accommodate the operators need.

That being said, we have the RAM mounts in some of the Task Force vehicles (FL-TF3 USAR), and they also work well. To each his own, as they both work for their intended use.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry guys I was mixing up the jotto desk with the autoexec deck which works OK but as you can see from the link it sits on the passenger seat. Sorry for the mistake. The jotto-Desk and the RAM are pretty similar. RAM also makes a bunch of boat, plane and cycle mounts that are pretty cool.

http://www.organizes-it.com/poexpexec.php

#10 ·
Got the Jotto Desk in today. Man this thing is great. Planning a nice cruise this weekend to play with the GPS programs I have.

One of the guys at work made Google maps into a GPS program. He cruises down the road and google maps shows his position. He has a verizon broadband card. Guy is a total computer guru, one of our network engineers.

Wayne B

#11 ·
I got the jotto desk brand new on e-bay for $175 drop shipped from the mfgr.. last winter. Also got a panasonic toughbook on e-bay for about $150. Then I picked up a Orinoco Gold PCMCIA card for it for about $60. The orinoco has a super sensitive receiver and an external antenna jack and best works on a win2k o/s. I have 3 different external antenna's for the system (magnetic mount omnidirectional, homemeade bi-quad standalone, and a homemade cantenna with an articulating adjustable clip mount) and can get internet access just about anywhere I go. I've pulled in hot spots from as far away as 3/4 mile with 20+ db gain at 1 mbps speed or greater.

Also loaded in Garmin n-Route for the gps system. Its great to have a 15" gps screen.

I have to say surfing the internet, checking e-mail, tracking stocks, etc. sure as hell beats talk radio when I take the xyl shopping for the day.

Best few hundred dollars I ever spent. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif

#12 ·
Yep....I have the Verizon aircard with broadband speed connections all the time from the truck. Very nice to be connected to the internet while on the road. I also like the 15" GPS screen.

#13 ·
[ QUOTE ]
best works on a win2k o/s.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's good about that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

Wayne B

#14 ·
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
best works on a win2k o/s.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's good about that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

Wayne B

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I should have said the software for the card doesn't support XP (or vise-versa). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

XP = /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.