The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2001 F-350, DRW, 4x4, CC, 4" Exhaust, S&B Intake, 3 gauge pillar (egt, trans, boost), 259,000 miles
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had shop change front hub and abs sensor.
3 days later ABS light again.
This time it's the rear sensor.

I changed it myself today and went to shop to have them clear the abs light. 1 block later. abs light on again. Turned around and had them clear it again. No codes were shown. Block later, abs light again.

By this point I had to move on.
My speedo has been a bit jumpy now and again. I'm guessing related?

Does the vss run off the abs?

How can an abs light be on, but no code?

·
Premium Member
10,048 Posts
I believe that the VSS is a part of the ABS system .

It is simple to change out the VSS on the top of the rear end, if you do it just make sure that it is seated completely.

·
Registered
2001 F-350, DRW, 4x4, CC, 4" Exhaust, S&B Intake, 3 gauge pillar (egt, trans, boost), 259,000 miles
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe that the VSS is a part of the ABS system .

It is simple to change out the VSS on the top of the rear end, if you do it just make sure that it is seated completely.
I swapped out the abs sensor on top of dif.
Still getting squirrely speedo and abs light.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe found the culprit. In between sensor and frame. Clip holding wires together wore through the wire loom and wore 1/2 of wire away.

Spliced wire and took her for a spin, no more abs light and no jumpy speedo

I don't know if neccessary, but I disconnected batteries and held pos and neg Leads together for 30 seconds.

Abs light was on when I started truck, but went out after driving 100'.

Took a spin around the neighborhood and all seems well!
Plant Terrestrial plant Tints and shades Nail Magenta

Reactions: Greg687

·
Premium Member
10,048 Posts
That was going to be my next suggestion to test the wires out. It sounds like you found your problem

Thanks for reporting back on what you found.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I don't think holding the hot and ground battery cables together did anything. Just taking the ground off was good enough. Glad you got it fixed. Hope you soldered the wires and shrink wrapped them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts