The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
It's the Variable Vanes in the Turbo. I believe they close (or partially close) to create backpressure and help with warming up. As the engine warms up, they open up and you start to get more turbo whistle. Put an AIC on it, idle it up to 1200 and then stand behind it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

(Of course, mines an 03 Turbo, so it's a bit louder /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif ).

Enjoy the exhaust.

Barrett

[/ QUOTE ]

Barrett,

Did you have a problem with your drivers side pipe coming loose from where it meets the muffler? It has come loose on me twice and I am trying to find a way to get it to stop doing that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

-Bill

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's the Variable Vanes in the Turbo. I believe they close (or partially close) to create backpressure and help with warming up. As the engine warms up, they open up and you start to get more turbo whistle. Put an AIC on it, idle it up to 1200 and then stand behind it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

(Of course, mines an 03 Turbo, so it's a bit louder /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif ).

Enjoy the exhaust.

Barrett

[/ QUOTE ]

Barrett,

Did you have a problem with your drivers side pipe coming loose from where it meets the muffler? It has come loose on me twice and I am trying to find a way to get it to stop doing that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

-Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

weld it

21 - 22 of 22 Posts