The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered an F-250 XLT w/ diesel on 12/14, and at the time I was told that the expected build/delivery would be 10-12 weeks, but as of last Thursday (12/20) it hadn't been scheduled yet.
Those of you that have ordered recently - was the estimated time frame given by the dealership accurate? How long was it before you know the scheduled delivery date? Anything else I should know?

I guess there really isn't anything I can do to expedite things, but I am going to need the truck come the beginning of spring, so I hope I doesn't take longer than that! Thanks!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I was being told 6 to 8 weeks by my dealer, another said 9 weeks is the norm. It was 6 weeks to the day, and was mostly shipping time to Arizona around the Thanksgiving holliday. I would think Virginia would be quicker.
The dealer can update you with a VIN track. Did you gat your X-plan PIN # yet?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was told 10-12 weeks also.This time frame is mainly due to the 2-3 week shutdown for the christmas and new year holidays.Told that regular production resumes on Monday January 14th.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No I hadn't even worried about an x-plan number since it will be so so long before I receive the truck.
I figured that there had to be some normal delay around the holidays. I do grounds maintenance/landscaping so I can't afford to get the truck absurdly late though! hopefully there on target

·
Registered
244 Posts
Check out blue oval news. I think they have forum where you can find out exactly when your truck will be built if you give certain info. The are usually pretty accurate on the dates as they have a set build schedule. Moderators if putting another website adress on here is against the rules delet this post.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I ordered in late October so I luckily missed the holiday shutdowns but I was promised 6-8 and took delivery in 7 weeks. Two weeks in, I knew my VIN and had an expected delivery week, in which they beat by a couple of days. It seems dealer allocation has a lot to do with delivery dates. As 068467 said, Blue Oval News Dot Com has a very good article explaining allocation and the whole "Order-Delivery" process. A lot of your questions can probably be answered over on BON.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Mine took over 2 months to arrive.Worth the wait though.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mine took 7 weeks to arrive!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
How do you like your winch set up with the transformer bumper? What was the total cost if you dont mind?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I ordered mine in the begining of Oct.. Because of alot of post on this site I was expecting to get it in late Dec. or early Jan.(8 to 10 weeks). I took delivery in mid Nov., 5 weeks after I ordered it. I love my truck. And, knock on wood, no problems.

·
Registered
75 Posts
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DIESEL9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...This time frame is mainly due to the 2-3 week shutdown for the christmas and new year holidays.Told that regular production resumes on Monday January 14th.</div></div>
Does anyone know if the Kentucky plant actually closes over the Holidays? I'm sure a lot of folks are on vacation, but no production until January 14th will absolutely kill me!!

Who has that much time off over the holidays anyway? Say it ain't so... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

·
Super Moderator
11,852 Posts
I do, but that's not relevant. I've been off since the 21st and I go back on the 14th. The company I work for isn't closed all of that time, but I have some vacation time that was just dying to be used up.

I'm also certain that KTP is closed from December 21 until January 2. The other days are for "inventory adjustment."

·
Registered
91 Posts
5 weeks including the Thanksgiving holiday. The dealer worked with the district Ford guy to fast track it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts