The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Like the title says, just got into a 2011 E350, we out grew our 7 seater minivan..as we were already squeezing 4 kids in the back seat...we have 7. We got the 12 seater XLT, with all the options but rims and the 2300 nav system..

Anyhow, I would really like to upgrade to a diesel engine, I know its done, all the Ford Vans in Iraq are diesel...AND 4x4...hoping someone here has some knowledge on it or a good working link to somewhere to research it...I know its going to cost a pretty penny....but there was no option at the factory to get it in a diesel...at my level anyhow.

Thanks in advance fo any help.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Well this may sound stupid but I have an '05 Excursion and in the back of my mind I have been toying with the idea of somehow ending up with the new Scorpion engine. What some of my buds and me have figured out was that it would be FAR cheaper to buy a used 2011 with the same wheelbase as my Excursion and then just swap the bodies and engine computers. Huge job no matter what though. Or you could check out this company.....

http://www.customautosbytim.com/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts