The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 F450 with 120K miles is going down the road with 16K trailer in tow. Spouse is behind the wheel and she notices what she thinks is fan running a lot. Then she notices odd odor she thinks is like engine with an oil leak. She calls me. I listen to the description and I say pull over NOW and look at coolant level. I am live on phone as she looks for a place to pull over and she says it is sluggish. Then she says it won't go and that it died. She coasts into parking lot and then notices the accel pedal is on floor sort of sideways and also that it did not die. She is able to drive it 4 more miles to the arena where she is hauling horses holding pedal assembly against under dash to give throttle. I take another truck to rescue and find the up pipe accordion section failed and started an underhood fire and the exhaust blowing on firewall has melted the mount bolts through accel pedal housing. 150 miles and 3 hours earlier today there was no leak. I hooked up the trailer and did an underhood check before I started it and after it was running and there was zero noise. Super duties with 6.0's do not need to invent any more ways to break..........

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Wow, glad it didn't burn more than that! It could have burnt the whole rig!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts