The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every few days my #6 dash fuse blows. The fuel tank selector valve and a/c compressor clutch are the only two circuits on that fuse. Since its still cold, I have not used my a/c at all, and the fuse still blows. I have the ford tech CD so I followed the flow chart for testing the the fuel selector valve, all circuits were ok. However I did notice when I was using my rear tank it would fill the front tank, so I replaced the valve on the frame. Still blows the fuse. Checked all grounds associated with those two circuits, good ground to the switch on the dash, unpluged the a/c clutch getting about 3.3 ohms.

Has anyone has similar problems? any ideas? what else should I check?

·
Registered
23 Posts
When you are using the defrost mode or mix mode (floor-defrost) mode your a/c compresser is on. I would check the draw with a amp meter in series to see how many amps the system is drawing. also cycle the tank selector while a/c is engaged. good luck

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you are using the defrost mode or mix mode (floor-defrost) mode your a/c compresser is on. I would check the draw with a amp meter in series to see how many amps the system is drawing. also cycle the tank selector while a/c is engaged. good luck
Thanks, the only heat function I use is the floor. If I turn the A/C on the fuse blows in about 10 minutes of driving, instead of a few days with it off.

update: I did find a thread from a few years ago that someone had a problem with the a/c diode so I replaced that and still having the same problem.

any ideas????

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FIXED!!!!!!!

it was the "a/c-heater control assembly". the switch on the dash the has vent,norm ac,max ac etc.

When it was unpluged it tested fine. When I plugged it in and tested while it was in operation the resistence(ohms) was high (30 ohms). When switched over to a function that did not use the a/c like the vent or floor, it meter would bounce from infinity to a continuity. Swaped the switch for the one in my bronco and it worked great.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
This thread is 8 years old.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts