The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone try the Kendall 15w40 DXA Ti oil in any powerstrokes? I did some searching but didn't come up with too much. It's made by same people that make Motorcraft (ConocoPhillips). The Kendall is a synthetic blend and I can get 4 gallons for $60. Just seeing if anyone has run it.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I don't know anything about it, but I used Kendal GT1 faithfully in my 1970 Mustang and 1972 Suburban and never had one issue. My machinist, who rebuilt both those engines, told me to only ever use Kendall, Castrol or Valvoline.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking a synthetic blend is better then straight Dino. It's on amazon with free shipping, I think I'm gonna try it, can't hurt.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
A horse is a horse of course unless it is the famous Mr. Ed.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Anyone try the Kendall 15w40 DXA Ti oil in any powerstrokes? I did some searching but didn't come up with too much. It's made by same people that make Motorcraft (ConocoPhillips). The Kendall is a synthetic blend and I can get 4 gallons for $60. Just seeing if anyone has run it.
I think I have this stuff in my F350. I'm checking now.....I posted a thread a while back about it. If it's the same stuff, the farmers in my area starting using it around here about a year ago. It is a syn blend. The one thing I do know is that it cranks (without romping) better than my Excursion which has as straight dino Motorcraft 15/40. The Excursion romps when starting....the F350 does not. Might not be the oil.....but both are same year.

jed

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I think I have this stuff in my F350. I'm checking now.....I posted a thread a while back about it. If it's the same stuff, the farmers in my area starting using it around here about a year ago. It is a syn blend. The one thing I do know is that it cranks (without romping) better than my Excursion which has as straight dino Motorcraft 15/40. The Excursion romps when starting....the F350 does not. Might not be the oil.....but both are same year.

jed
I dont think the romps has anything to do with the type of oil itself. I have been using the same oil and my truck recently got the romps. I need to figure out what happened. It drives me nuts.

Kendall makes great oil, best ive ever seen. At least the older stuff used to use in my 79. I imagind the diesel oil should be good as well. Valvoline is supposed to be pretty good as well.

I currently use chevron delo 400. Chevron seems to be ok, but not like I think oil should be.

·
Premium Member
4,028 Posts
Here is the link to the Kendell oil and it is Ford approved CK-4:

It contains decent levels of Phosphorous & Zinc according to page 3 of pdf:

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts