The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2001, f350, 7.3, CCLB
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, just like most everyone else, I like to use my key fob to lock my truck, but just recently, when I try to lock it it’ll lock, honk once, and then my fob doesn’t work for about a minute. It works completely fine if I don’t make it honk, but I always used to make it honk twice so it’s second nature and then my fob doesn’t work for a minute, any ideas on what could cause this?

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
So, just like most everyone else, I like to use my key fob to lock my truck, but just recently, when I try to lock it it’ll lock, honk once, and then my fob doesn’t work for about a minute. It works completely fine if I don’t make it honk, but I always used to make it honk twice so it’s second nature and then my fob doesn’t work for a minute, any ideas on what could cause this?
Have you tried replacing the battery in the key fob?

·
Registered
2001, f350, 7.3, CCLB
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried replacing the battery in the key fob?
Didn’t need to actually, what fixed it was I got in to check it maybe my voltage in the truck was low by just switching the truck to on, turned it back off and it works fine now. Don’t know why it was doing that but I guess just a power cycle is the fix.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts