The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question is for all the King Ranch Owners!

What is every one using for your Leather care in your King Ranch rigs!

Chris

·
Registered
33 Posts
the leather conditioner from the King Ranch Store for me. Works great!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Jesse,
Does the Lexol cleaner actually work? I've tried a couple of so called leather cleaners and I think straight water would do as good a job. I've got the medium gray leather seats and the driver's seat is discolored (slightly darker) than the others from everyday use. The occasional pen mark will show up also. Those are extra tough to get off. Especially if you don't get them immediately. I'd like to find something that will clean the grime off and return it to it's original color without having to rub halfway through the leather to do so. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
180 Posts
http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthrea...&PHPSESSID=

This has been discussed numerous times since the introduction of the KR, Linked a thread discussing and at the bottom I have a another link to a product I have been more than happy with going on 4 years old now and seats look great.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I figure that the King Ranch knows what is good for their leather, but I found that Duragloss leather conditioner is the same thing at half the price. They (Brothers Research) make both brands, I have used both and can't see, feel or smell any difference. When I first got my KR, they had the ingredients on the bottle. It is the same stuff. You can buy it at CarQuest stores.

·
Registered
6,944 Posts
Leather will naturally darken with wear. There is no product that will restore it to new, even though they claim it will. It is just the nature of the beast. They claim the KR uses saddle quality leather, so why not use saddle soap, it is a lot cheaper than some of these other products and has been used for years to protect saddles?

·
Registered
102 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Jesse,
Does the Lexol cleaner actually work? I've tried a couple of so called leather cleaners and I think straight water would do as good a job. I've got the medium gray leather seats and the driver's seat is discolored (slightly darker) than the others from everyday use. The occasional pen mark will show up also. Those are extra tough to get off. Especially if you don't get them immediately. I'd like to find something that will clean the grime off and return it to it's original color without having to rub halfway through the leather to do so. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Try Obenauf's White Jaguar Leather Cleaner. While the Brother's Research products are good, the Obenauf's products are far better. My KR seats get a lot of sun and the Brother's / KR leather product just doesn't keep them in good condition.

The Obenauf's products do a much better job. Obenauf's Leather Care

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've had real good luck with Leather CPR, was using the KR conditioner for a while but started having problems with it leaving a white residue. Here is a great link to KR leather care information....

KR Care

1 - 10 of 10 Posts