The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What care to the King Ranch leather are others doing? I read that a conditioner should be used but have never seen what is best to use. After reading the "cracked leather" posts, I thought I had better not put it off because before I know it, a year or two will go by. Any recommendations for the care these nice looking seats should get? Just getting the tools out of my work pants has been a good start but now what? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I have seen all kinds of products recommended here, but I have used, and like the King Ranch leather conditioner. I figure they probably know how to take care of their product. You can buy it online from www.krsaddleshop.com for about 13 bucks for a few ounces, or you can go down to your local discount parts place and buy the same product in an exact same bottle from Duragloss for about $6.
It is Duragloss 221 Leather Conditioner. It is made by the same company that makes the King Ranch stuff. I use it more often than the Ford book recommends. It does not leave the leather oily or greasy, but may darken it a little. I use it every 2 months or so.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I had looked on the King Ranch page but did not find anything. Now under customer care I found a mention of the leather care. I'll look up the Duragloss and see what is available locally.
Thanks again. PC
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Find a tack shop and buy their saddle conditioner - same stuff. I've conditioned mine twice (once at 25k miles and once at 40k), but I don't see or feel any sign of cracking at all. I don't attribute the conditioner to that - I just think the seats are pretty moist as is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts