The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 F250 6.2L XLT 4x4 extended cab 8 foot bed. While towing down a fairly bumpy road, my check engine light came on. When I read the code it called out the knock sensor. I am trying to find the location of the knock sensors to try to ensure the connectors haven't come off on the bumpy road. I am unable to find information on their location and possible removal.

· Registered
3,394 Posts
They are under the intake manifold. The sensors have direct wire connections. Use dielectric high temp grease or connector paste. Knock sensor have some issues with the connector pins and females getting worn and causing the codes. With those being under intke and requiring intake manifold removal it is a good idea to replace the pigtails on wiring harness as going back in again would be costly or a lot of work. You may also find rodent damage to wires when you get in.

· Registered
5,456 Posts
The connectors for KS1 ans KS2 are located at the back of the right cylinder head.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.