The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need Larger Fuel Tank

Does anyone know of a larger replacement tank that will fit a 2005 SuperCab Short Bed? Titan seems to have stopped producing them unfortunately. Transfer Flow also. I'd even be interested in a used one.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
If you can not find a larger under the bed tank, have you considered an in bed tank for more capacity. I have had the 48 gallon Transfer Flow tank on mine for over 15 years - love it!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did but I really need all the space in the bed on a regular basis. And if I added one of the under bed tanks then I lose my spare which is a definite no go for me. I hate when I cannot find parts anymore.... I'd love to have a 48 gallon tank.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Can the 05s be harpooned? It's a free 4 gallons...

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Does anyone know of a larger replacement tank that will fit a 2005 SuperCab Short Bed? Titan seems to have stopped producing them unfortunately. Transfer Flow also. I'd even be interested in a used one.
Have you contacted Titan or Transfer flow to see if they still have one sitting around for your truck or one of their dealers do?

I decided to go with a portable transfer tank that I only use when I am towing. It sits in the bed of the tank and hold 25 gallons. It comes with a pump and battery power cables. I remove it when not towing.

Griz

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Find a used 38 gallon excursion tank.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you contacted Titan or Transfer flow to see if they still have one sitting around for your truck or one of their dealers do?

I decided to go with a portable transfer tank that I only use when I am towing. It sits in the bed of the tank and hold 25 gallons. It comes with a pump and battery power cables. I remove it when not towing.

Griz
I did contact them. Titan for instance, because that is the one I would prefer, said no. And it seems none of the dealers actually ever had any stock of this item, they were all drop shipped because I found it for sale on numerous websites, ordered it, was charged for it, then was contacted saying they didn't have it even though it said "in stock" :frown2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts