The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow, I just saw the latest Ford commercial down here in TX. Employee pricing PLUS 3,500 cash back on any F series...
When I bought my F250 employee was D plan I think and it was about 1200 less than X plan price. I am looking for a little car now though... I need to read up on the 6.4 and see if they are ironed out yet.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I need to read up on the 6.4 and see if they are ironed out yet.
Never was to many problem with 6.4L, Just the DPF and some other little things, nothing like the 6.0h's have had.

DPF=poor fuel mileage

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read up last night, been busy the last 8 months. It looks like fuel mileage is the sticker. I do not want to modify another Ford diesel. My 6L cost me enough headache there... I will not own a 8-14mpg diesel. Guess I'll keep my modified 6L and buy a commuter car. It is a grim day for American iron right now... GM announced 4 truck plants closing. My fuel bill is more than my truck payment and almost as much as my home mortgage. What is wrong with that picture!

·
Registered
801 Posts
I feel your pain; my truck payment is $366/mo. My fuel bill is $600/mo.

I know I write this in just about every single one of my posts, but I really can't wait until the warranty expires, so I can stick a Cummins in this thing.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I heard on the radio yesterday that Ford is now offering A-Plan plus rebates, plus 2-year maintenance plan, and $3,000 loyalty money on remaining '08 F-Series trucks. That extra $3,000 could help offset the money our trucks have depreciated in the past few months.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I was looking to trade my 06. After what they wanted to give me on mine. Made me keep mine.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Same here. Local dealer offered me $12,500 for what I paid $40,000 for a few years back. I'll keep my '04, and only drive it a few times a week. I love the truck but it's sure killing my azz pocket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts