The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2006 6.0 is leaking from part that has a pulley on it and directly to the left of the crankshaft pulley. The part has aluminum hoses going into it and is stamped cx11 can someone please tell me what this is. I'm new to this sorry about the vagueness of this.

·
Registered
485 Posts
If you're talking about an item roughly the size of your alternator down low on the passenger side of the front of the engine, roughly at the same level as the crankshaft then I believe that would be your AC compressor.

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
The a/c compressor will not leak oil but oil leaking from something on engine will drip off it.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
That is your Power Steering pump. Used for power steering than the power brake booster on a 6.0L

·
Registered
126 Posts
Could be leaking from where the hose connects or from the pump itself, it might be hard to tell exactly where it is leaking from. I recently had to replace that hose and the pump on my truck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah steering hasn't been to bad but I noticed it's not very tight or smooth when I'm making long wide turns like off ramps on the interstate

·
Registered
126 Posts
Also be aware that your brakes run off that same system. If you lose enough fluid you won't have power brakes or steering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I found the source of the leak it's the o rings around my fuel filter. Shouldn't be a hard fix. If anyone has a step by step please send it my way. So happy it's not something more serious. Also does anyone know if I can add 16oz of archoil without draining a quart of oil?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts