The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yeah, I have yet to talk to someone who's actually driven one. And I haven't made the time to check one out in person.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Me too. I haven't had time to go check one out. I did an inventory search at my local dealer and they didn't show any in stock though.

·
Super Moderator
25,085 Posts
After browsing this thread, I got curious and searched the Ford site in various cities, including Dallas, Omaha, LA, Seattle, and found only F150's in crew cab short bed with the V6 Diesel. Absolutely none with an 8' bed, which is what I'd be interested in for carrying a slide-in camper. Like was said here, why buy an F150 when you can have a Superduty Diesel for a bit more money? If you can't get a V6 diesel in a variety of configurations, why bother? Not everyone wants a crew cab short bed. :shrug03:
I'm going to guess that engine offering is not going to last long. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
There are tons of F150s around here in DFW area and I have seen one and it had dealer plates. The powerstroke badge on door is easy to spot. I'm left to think they are not selling well at all.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well if that is the case, the marketing dept. failed. I have literally seen no buzz about it at all!

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Why go for a 150 when for just a few more dollars you can get a 250? For a lot of people the ride quality in the 150 is superior to the Super duty and not everyone wants or needs a Super Duty. If I had to choose one for a daily driver I would go with the 150 without question.

·
Premium Member
14,494 Posts
Hey ford_doctor - you never responded to my previous question. Could you go back and read post #14 and give your opinion?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts