The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by El Capitan:
"Why in the world is my $4500.00 engine making this awful noise?"
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you wrote that, they'd think you were talking about the 5.4L
Don't you mean your $10,000 engine? Afterall, it's a $4,500 option over the base engine.

------------------
Do married people live longer than single people, or does it just seem longer?
My shortened list of options: 1FTWW32F6XEE12366 Click here to decode it!
Click here to check out my PSD pictures!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Spepin,
You got me there--now back to the real issue--what do you think about my suggestion?

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
I don't think it would be appropriate here. This isn't an official forum for Ford and I wouldn't want people to think it was, sorry.

Jason

------------------
Ford-Diesel.Com Webmaster
1997 F-250 PSD 5-speed Banks Stinger-Plus

·
Registered
239 Posts
Jason and all,
Been reading some of the messages lately, and keep reading the same type of question: "I wonder if Ford checks out this web site?" Now, with the issue on the VOPC phone line, it is pretty clear that someone at Ford does.
I know that there is a lot of "venting" that goes on here, and sometimes the "venting" is not always in the right directions. Sometimes that "venting" should go straight to FoMoCo, but how do you really do that?
I suggest a new forum for Ford-Diesel.com: "Letters to Ford" Forum. This forum would allow users to post info that they wanted to get folks at Ford's attention with. Everything from, "Why in the world did you guys paint a great truck that color?" to "Why in the world is my $4500.00 engine making this awful noise?" Who knows, someone there might just give us some direct answers.
I know I have some questions I'd like to ask the boys at Ford--maybe they'll read it, maybe they won't, either way, I can't see any harm in giving it a try.
Let me know what you think!

I just wanted to add, that this forum could also be used for praise! Like, "I sure do like the ease of access you developed in regards to the fuel filter assembly!" I definitely have things I'd like to thank Ford for in regards to this truck i own!

------------------
Ken
95 F250SC PSD, XLT, LWB, 4x4, 4.10, E4OD, Superlift Add-A-Leaf, Warn Manual Hubs, Rancho RS 9000s, RK truck box.

[This message has been edited by El Capitan (edited 02-17-2000).]

·
Registered
679 Posts
El Capitan:

Ford customer service site at www.OwnerConnection.com might do the trick.

I've contacted them a couple of times and have found them to be VERY responsive. Not the same as the leverage you get from a large group talking about the same subject but the folks in there seem genuinely interested to help.

Just takes a second to register and you need your VIN to do it.

Dave George

·
Registered
239 Posts
I just figured that if FoMoCo big-wigs are going to be surfing this web site, then they ought to be looking for other things other than just ways to bring a lawsuit against the site!
I think they have a lot of nerve coming here and threatening Jason, or anyone else here with a lawsuit.
I beleive in the "strength in numbers" theory, and this website is the strongest "lobby" I know of when it comes to the Powerstroke Diesel truck. No other site has this strength, and no other club i know of off the WWW has this number of members either.
Let's face it, if Ford is looking for feedback, this would be a great place to find some, and who knows, they might just take some of our inputs to heart!
I'm not looking for an official means to contact Ford, I know there are other channels, but when you go that way, it is just you against them. The strength of this web site and Ford-Diesel.com should not be taken for granted, and a forum like this might help us be heard in a collective fashion.
Well, Jason, if you're not into it, that's cool, but there is no doubt about it, this web-site houses a lot of folks that would love to "help" Ford build and improve the next generation of Powerstroke trucks!
Thanks for at least giving it some thought.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I think they have a lot of nerve coming here and threatening Jason, or anyone else here with a lawsuit.

[/ QUOTE ]

As if they have no right to defend their trademarked name?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts