The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm buying a new 18 F350 cc srw long box. One of the first things I want to do is put a leveling kit on it. These have come a long way since my 03, so I'm looking for a little input from someone who has done one. I'm leaning towards a BDS or a Carli. The Carli is much more pricey and the only difference I see is you're getting new springs rather than blocks or pucks. I have heard some horror stories with jacking up the front ends the wrong way.

Anyone have an opinion on this?

·
Premium Member
4,107 Posts
There's three ways to level/lift the front of the coil spring trucks: New springs, use an upper spring mount spacer, or use a lower spring mount spacer.

New Springs: Can be expensive due to brand and shocks you choose, quite frequently done. No issues other than maybe needing to adjust the alignment. Could use a trac bar drop bracket to help.
Upper Spacer: Very affordable, could use new shocks, quite frequently done. No issues other than maybe needing to adjust the alignment. Could use a trac bar drop bracket to help.
Lower Spacer: Not used very often if ever for 2", mostly 1" spacers are used. Affordable and size allows so you really don't need shocks. Not much effect on alignment using the 1" spacer.

Spend what you can afford: Make sure you consider the cost of an alignment. Look at Readylift since they have quite a few options in spacer kits.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
That’s a nice kit but, $3028.00 is way more than I would spend on a 2 1/2 lift.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You can add a leveling spacer kit for under 200 buck I did mine goes under spring. It's a pain but I just bought new shocks that would work on stock up to 2 and half lift didn't need alignment had it checked it rides nothing changed except the height it leveled the truck don't spend that much for that little get something worth your money. Shocks which I needed anyway and spacers maybe 400 450 and I got blisten shocks and SD spacers billet alum .

·
Registered
46 Posts
Looked up that kit, think you'd get more than shocks and springs for 3 grand. Might be nice but it's not giving you that much more wheel travel. The shocks are nice but over rated unless your off road a lot or have really bad roads. like most states do that's a given. We pay butt loads of taxes on roads that tear up our expensive vehices up , then pay to repair them when does it end.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have Icon stage 2 on my 18 350 and it's a better ride than stock (or stock springs with spacers). The replacement springs and remote reservoir shocks are great. I had spacer leveling kits on my last 2 trucks and I won't use them ever again.

·
Registered
8,539 Posts
John
how did it turn out i am doing mine next week 2 in level kit (blocks ) 35 12.50 20 on new 20 inch fuel wheels
Lee, I haven't installed this yet. I had it in my shopping cart at Amazon and it became "unavailable" a few days later when I went back in to pull the trigger. Icon still sells it on their site but it's about $200 more and who knows about shipping. Like most, I like having Amazon on the line for returns.

I will end up buying it and will install one of these days.

I know Bobby Williams (long time sponsor here at TDS, not sure if he still is?) has this on his dually (it's where I got the idea) and he loves it!

·
Registered
123 Posts
After extensive research I purchased the Carli Commuter with Deaver rear spring upgrade from George Pomaville at 8Lug Truck Gear. They are great at selling you a product but customer service is where they fall short. have nothing good to say about George or Dan Torino at Carli. They sold me a $3500 kit and the Fox shocks blew out in the first year. I expressed that I would be hauling a load, but the $1700 springs they sold me have 0 load capabilities and had to put my factory springs back in to haul my boat with 800lb tongue weight. The shocks and rear springs were 90% of the coast of the kit and both failed in the first year and removed. I’ve battled with them for years with zero support and told me they won’t sell the Fox shocks with the deavers even though I showed them with my order where they did just that. They have since changes their advertising and won’t sell the Fox shocks that they sold me.
Another Pissed Carli Customer!! Don’t waste your time or money!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have put the ready lift on all my trucks comes with everything you need for a 2" lift or leaveling kit. no problem putting it in no problem with the kit to this day even with a 7 1/4 ' fisher plow on all trucks no shocks needed if you don't want them also added the bigger rear bloke to the rear . on my 99,08.14 best on out there

1 - 12 of 12 Posts