The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I decided to lift my 7.3, I am still debating if 4in is going to be "worth it" or actually "look lifted". I want it to be significantly higher than stock, but dont want to lose practicality, like use of bed, extending brake lines, handling, to an extent fuel mpg lol. But if I go with a 6in or 4in I will be fitting 20in rims on 35"s. I just want a good all around "lifted" functional truck. Now if you guys could post pics of your 6in or 4in to help me choose that would be great. I am leaning toward 4in kit now, but that may change of a 6in is still practical, and does not need much modding. If I do end up choosing a 4in kit, should I go with Zone Offroad, Tuff Country, Superlift, Rough Country, and I did find a good deal on a ProComp. Which one is best overall? Im on a budget. Again let me know what your thoughts are, the trucks the 7.3 at end of my sig. THANKS ALOT!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
4 inch and 35's looks good. 6 inch fits 37's.

I would go leveled or 4 inch if mpg is a concern.

I get decent mileage with a level kit and 285/75/16's

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
4 inch and 35's looks good. 6 inch fits 37's.

I would go leveled or 4 inch if mpg is a concern.

I get decent mileage with a level kit and 285/75/16's

Not a huge concern but I don't want like half my mpg loss. I think I may do the 4in would you say a 4 is noticeable and looks high?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
It's the tires that make the difference. My truck is pretty tall with a 2.5-3 inch level and add a leaf in the rear

I have 33's now And will consider 35's next time i need tires

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Look at my pic in my garage, i have 4" with 37" (modifications required) and average 13 mpg (check my sign for info) next would be to go down to 35x12.5 see if i pick some mpg. The thing is loaded or not i get the same mpg

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
The only reason I'm considering not getting 35's is mpg loss.

I just towed my quads at 60-70 mph and got almost 17 mpg on the 500 mile trip.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
I agree, I'm looking at the toyo R/T 35x12.5 instead of toyo M/T 37x13.5 and hope to pick some mpg. But i was running them at 40psi and put them at 55psi today, will see if it help

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's the tires that make the difference. My truck is pretty tall with a 2.5-3 inch level and add a leaf in the rear

I have 33's now And will consider 35's next time i need tires

That's what I thought the 4in with 35 should be the best of both worlds for me I think I'm going with that

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now the question is which one rough country with n2 shocks, zone off-road standard shocks, tuff country upgraded nitro or regular shocks, or superlift with upgrades shocks or finally pro comp regular shocks. I'm getting a pro comp set up for 950$ either way I'll do a dual steering stabilizer setup lmk thanks

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Do no go with zone off road. All the lift from them i saw where sagging after a year or 2. I had their shocks on my truck and they lasted 6 mounts.

The procomp is the best way IMO, their shocks are ok but best would be to upgrade to the bilstein 5100. I heard good comment on the rought country one but never had one.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do no go with zone off road. All the lift from them i saw where sagging after a year or 2. I had their shocks on my truck and they lasted 6 mounts.

The procomp is the best way IMO, their shocks are ok but best would be to upgrade to the bilstein 5100. I heard good comment on the rought country one but never had one.

yea later on I will get the 5100's for now its either pro comp with stock shocks, or rough country with the n2 upgraded ones. I did think that zone would be good as it is a bds company i planned on using the nitro shocks from them but never mind dont want sagging. So down to 2 choices now.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can people please post lift pics with 7.3 supercabs on 4in with 35's please. Do you think the truck looks "high" like i dont want to spend lift $$ when it looks like a level. If not I would just do 6 with 35's

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
I'll try to take pic later with me beside the truck. I'm 6' tall so it will give you a better idea.

I had the procomp shocks for awhile and they are not bad. Never try the n2 from rough country.

I think if you go either procomp or rough country, you wont be disappointed.

For what i heard BDS are pretty good so if zone are BDS i'm not impress. Like i said, all zone suspension lift i saw where sagging after a year or 2, truck or jeep

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll try to take pic later with me beside the truck. I'm 6' tall so it will give you a better idea.

I had the procomp shocks for awhile and they are not bad. Never try the n2 from rough country.

I think if you go either procomp or rough country, you wont be disappointed.

For what i heard BDS are pretty good so if zone are BDS i'm not impress. Like i said, all zone suspension lift i saw where sagging after a year or 2, truck or jeep

yea that pic would be great so i can get a good idea. Im only 5'6 so yea lol. I think the rc n2 shocks should be better than stock procomps, so may go with rc but still looking it over. Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
I looked at all 3 link you post and i would almost be tempted in the TC one. It has the EZ ride front spring and a full block for the back. The other 2 stack block on the back.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I looked at all 3 link you post and i would almost be tempted in the TC one. It has the EZ ride front spring and a full block for the back. The other 2 stack block on the back.

see thats what i thought somebody knows more about the lifts, so i will go with the TC!

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
I have no idea of the quality though, i never had one or know someone who had one.

And it 10% off?

Let me know how those ezride spring are. I'm thinking to order a set for me

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 39 Posts