The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about lifting my 05. Would like to see what you guys have and what kit you went with and why. I am thinking about going all spring and staying away from blocks in the rear. Input...?

Thanks in advance.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
How high? Tire size?

IMO..no wrong way to lift these if your staying under 6" These are not trucks and need different methods to get the best ride quality and performance. You could incorporate a Deaver rear mini spring pack into a B code rear spring pack to lessen the rear block height. I have helped hundreds fit the Ex suspension problems. PM me if I can help.

Tons of posts about Ex. suspension mods..good reading.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Mine is 3"s, I used springs in the front and a little bigger block in the rear along with air bags but these stay deflated until I tow, they are not any part of the lift. I think I would like to go to 4"s but I am not ready to do all this work for 1 inch. The ride improved a lot and the looks 1000%. This lift has been on for over 200,000 miles with -0- problems, I am even on the original U-Joints. Although I like the look of 6"s I still drive mine daily and tow heavy so I just leave it alone. Some day when it is retired to a toy I will go bigger.

·
Registered
135 Posts
6" Superlift springs in front with add a leaf and blocks in the rear. I went with this one because of the price and the fact that it had a 10 leaf pack in the front compared to others that had only 5-6. Pretty smooth ride and no problems with blocks in the rear. I never put a longer drive shaft which I need and tried to correct the axle wrap with bars :nono: Since putting it on in '05 still same u-joints but diff started to leak last year and had to replace pinion seal. All in all a pretty good bolt on system that I did over 2 days. Good luck.

One final note, with add a leaf there are no anti rattle pads on the leaf that you add so after a while it will begin to squeak. I hated it when I would pull up somewhere and everyone is checking out your truck, trust me as soon as you lift it you will get more attention then you ever did before :icon_wink:, and as you went by the smallest bump would send out these awful squeaks and squeels. I finally just cut up some prestone jugs and put the plastics between the installed add a leaf section. It lasts for a while till they fall out of just rub away.

·
Registered
253 Posts
4" bracket lift w/315's. A slight rub at lock due to my front springs being completely trashed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm currently running the Procomp 4" with the replacement front springs and the rear add-a-leafs and blocks. So far so good. I have 315/70/17 BFG ATs on, but will install 37/13.50 Toyo MTs next week...I'll post pictures and let you know how they fit. So far with the 315s I have no rub and lots of room. The kit rides nice and firm, took care of that "wallowing" feeling on the bumps and corners nice. No squeaks yet. Nice bonus is that it came with the replacement pitman arm.

Rob

'01 Excursion

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just a FYI the Toyo's MT's suck in the wet and Howl
It will be my first time on the Toyos, thanks for the heads-up. I plan on sipping them as soon as I can; I've had great improvement out of BFG MTs in the past doing that. Especially on ice, a huge difference in traction!

Rob

·
Registered
57 Posts
DouglasH, what did you do to lift your ex? I love the look.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a 2 in lift with 35X12.50 FCII on it. I get a little rub when I turn to full lock.

Caryt - I will send you a PM, I have the "Can't keep it on the road" issue.
Agreed, looks great, but what is the can't keep it on the road issue?

·
Registered
176 Posts
this is 4" v and b codes with front 3" donahoe hanger and rear 4" blocks.
bilsteins front and rear...hellwig rear swaybar.

Thanks to Caryt !!!

about 70,000 miles second set of tires. about 20% of miles with a trailer.

Truck drives straight as an arrow, and smooth like a Cadillac, compared to before(all over the road)

ExcursionProCompsltside.jpg

ExcursionProCompslftcrn.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am getting ready to put 2" suspension lift on my 03 Eddie B. 6.0 I have ordered 20x12 rims will I be able to clear 35's?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 6in lift. Cooper STT Pros 35's on 18. I don't know if 2 is enough. Either way you'll rub your leafs, and turn like bus.

·
Registered
29 Posts
2005 Excursion with M1102 Trailer

2005 6.0 with Humvee Trailer.....the trailer is a perfect fit for the truck.
Lift
8 inches of Donahoe Racing/ICON lift and shocks.
38 x 15.50 x 18 Truxus STS tires
4.56 gears ARB lockers front and rear

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts