The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the truck back on the road got about 2000 miles on it. Some small issues still but i think some valve cover gaskets and a new IDM should fix the problems, should hit the rollers and Jody's next Tuesday. I still need to pull all the I/C pipes back off and get them powder coated and tidy some things up like the air intake and some wireing but we wanted to make sure all the stuff fit before we got it all powder coated. Any way here are some pics Motor Pics

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I fixed it

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Runs like hell sometimes and like crap sometimes, I scanned it and cylinders 6 & 8 are low on the buzz test and I am getting an IDM code also. So gonna start with the IDM since I have had that code for a while and has been a consistant code then the valve cover gaskets cause the 4" I/C pipes are a SOB to get on and off about 6 hours w/ 2 people and when they come off I am getting them powder coated and I am in the middle of putting my 514 c.u. motor together and it is taking up room in my buddys shop so I gotta get that done first. But when it is not acting up it is damn strong but I haven't drove it in a year so anything feels good.

Jeremy

·
Registered
895 Posts
Looks good Jeremy,hope with some tuning and a IDM you get that beast back on the road and running good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif

Do you still have the factory IDM in the truck or was it ever modded,cause a modded one will through a IDM code.

Eric

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey man good to hear from ya heard you had some strong runs at Indy. The IDM is stock I hope than it or the valve cover gasket is it if not it could be hard to track down. Sometimes it runs good and others when you give a little pedal it stumbles and smokes like hell and I have to back out of it and other times it runs great mostly acts up worse on a high HP setting but nothing custom to my truck yet.
It will look better when it is all powder coated.
Jeremy

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
so did your lil problem not get a piston? or did it require a tear down

good to see bama got it rollin again

Travis

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No tear down,and me and Bama got it going I went there several times and done prolly 40% of the work right with him. But it is not finished yet I will get it though.

Jeremy

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
nice.. but once its dial in.. you will be in the higher horsepower group..lol

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif

redrocket

1 - 13 of 13 Posts