The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,784 Posts

· Registered
1,784 Posts
I had talk to Fuel Defend a couple months ago. The guy told me they are hoping to have them by February or March. They already make them for the Ford Heavy Duty trucks.
Talked to Mike @ Fuel Defend on the phone Thursday and he stated it would be up to 6 more months before a cap would be on the market.

· Registered
1,784 Posts
Did they give any indication as when it would bee available?

· Registered
1,784 Posts
What is the price NAPA is asking for the DEF cap?

· Registered
1,784 Posts
Mike, any idea when you might receive it?

· Registered
1,784 Posts
Elkhounds....the biggest worry i would have is the fuel more so than the DEF....yes...both are critical and worrisome...but the DEF repairs are a lot cheaper than fuel system....go for the locking fuel cap for now...the Stant 10510D i think is the number

· Registered
1,784 Posts
Elks.....lol......can relate to you on the stocking of items...did the same on my truck last april and may...had a titan 65 gal tank for over a month waiting on truck to arrive....had gofia grill cover/screen, vent visors and hood deflector, bed tie downs for the holes in the bed rail...etc.....hope your truck arrives soon

· Registered
1,784 Posts
Good morning Larry. I wanted to let you know that we are not working on a locking DEF cap. The cap is so small we are unable to put a locking mechanism in the cap. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Michael Buckles

Tech Line Techincian

Description: Description: Description: STANT

Technical Center

1620 Kentucky Ave.

Connersville, IN 47331

· Registered
1,784 Posts
Just spent [email protected] Ford for someone putting a ton of DEF fluid in my diesel tank. Studied these blogs for a good solution and yours seems to be the easiest one I have seen so far. Cannot seem to find a Diesel door to fit my truck and just feel like a sitting Duck in the meantime. Can you direct me to where you purchased your locks and any other info on the subject would be appreciated. F-350 Super Duty Platinum owner-
Thanks-
Do you have Comprehensive Insurance on your truck? If so, file a claim with your insurance company for the repair from vandalism....

What about buying a locking diesel fuel cap? Stant makes one. Part number 10510D.

10510D | eBay

Reactions: SkiSmuggs

· Registered
1,784 Posts
BTW, I carry the original cap with me. Never can tell when one might do a foolish stunt of forgetting to replace cap and drive off.

Reactions: SkiSmuggs
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.