The Diesel Stop banner
41 - 60 of 87 Posts

· Registered
272 Posts
Great. Wish he could have given you a part number. Then we could just keep searching for it on Amazon or eBay until it shows up.

· Registered
45 Posts
that is a great idea I will contact him in reference to a part#

· Registered
45 Posts
Guys,

I may have the answer to our search for locking DEF caps. Does any know the size of the cap IE 40MM or 60MM?

mike

· Registered
272 Posts
If I had my truck I would go measure it. But still waiting for it to get to the dealer so I can pick it up.

· Registered
45 Posts
DEF cap size

Ok Guys I have been given the PDF for the new stant def caps.
It is hard to see, so I asked the Tech, if he could send a pic, he replied sure.
I also asked him what they were measuring and he said the inside of the cap (outside of the filler neck threads).

· Registered
1,784 Posts
Did they give any indication as when it would bee available?

· Registered
45 Posts
Larry,

I just ordered 2 from my Napa dealer for my business, when they arrive i will post and confirm they work, ( IE i will be the test dummy)

Mike

· Registered
45 Posts
Elkhounds,

The stant # for locking DEF is 10525 should be 40MM cap
The stant # for locking Diesel only green should be 10510D

Mike

· Registered
1,784 Posts
What is the price NAPA is asking for the DEF cap?

· Registered
45 Posts
DEF Cap

Larrgh,

The Napa I deal with is priced for about 25$

Mike

· Registered
1,784 Posts
Mike, any idea when you might receive it?

· Registered
272 Posts
I emailed Stant and they sent me the same info. He told me yesterday I could go to NAPA, CarQuest or Advance Auto and pick one up.

Just emailed me now and said he was sorry he told me that. They will be available end of 1st quarter or early 2nd quarter.

So I wonder if I can get a locking DEF cap before the shipping company gets my truck to Scott.

· Registered
1,784 Posts
Elkhounds....the biggest worry i would have is the fuel more so than the DEF....yes...both are critical and worrisome...but the DEF repairs are a lot cheaper than fuel system....go for the locking fuel cap for now...the Stant 10510D i think is the number

· Registered
272 Posts
Larrgh trust me I have that. I have a LOT of stuff for this truck. Just about everything I could need EXCEPT the truck.

· Registered
1,784 Posts
Elks.....lol......can relate to you on the stocking of items...did the same on my truck last april and may...had a titan 65 gal tank for over a month waiting on truck to arrive....had gofia grill cover/screen, vent visors and hood deflector, bed tie downs for the holes in the bed rail...etc.....hope your truck arrives soon

41 - 60 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.