The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some time, I have seen long responses moving from page to page within this site. Times going from one page to another average 15 seconds.

Occasionally, I will see a message Internet Explorer that there is a long running script that is running.

In my case, Im using Windows 7 on a Laptop with DSL Connection thru a Wi-Fi that usually has downloads in the 1.4mb region, usually fast enough to move from page to page faster that I am experiencing with TheDieselStop.com

I see that you just recently upgraded the software and if anything, this new software is slower than the previous version for me.

I have gone into CP, disabled the side bars but that doesn't appear to have helped things.

Your suggestion(s) are appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you're using IE, can you set the browser to compatibility mode and see if it works?
Lee,
Thanks for the suggestion, I have just added this site to the Compatibility section.

In the few moments since doing so, I haven't seen any change in the page loading times.

Does the site run a long script for some reason in the background?

Thanks,

Gary

·
Administrator
1,440 Posts
Lee,
Thanks for the suggestion, I have just added this site to the Compatibility section.

In the few moments since doing so, I haven't seen any change in the page loading times.

Does the site run a long script for some reason in the background?

Thanks,

Gary
Occasionally, I will see a message Internet Explorer that there is a long running script that is running.
Can you tell me what's displaying in the bottom left side of the browser (it's a loading status bar) and tell me what the site is hanging on?

It's a fairly big sized community so sometimes we might have some hiccups here and there.

If you can get a screenshot of it, I can send this to the mods and see what's up.

Thanks for helping out.

Lee, community support

1 - 4 of 4 Posts