The Diesel Stop banner

Looking at a 92

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Mike Lewis 
I did the 4X4 conversion here is a price list.
Front diff 900$ Dana 50 TTB with locker locker was 500$ and the diff 400$=900
Springs hangers factory rear blocks 250$ You will have to modify the front of the frame. (notch and weld in channel iron)front spring mount
Transmision 5 speed manual, I converted it to 4X4:(all new parts)
housing: 75$
Output shaft 150$
Bearings and seals 40$
Rotors for dualy conversion 150$
drive shafts 150$
Transfer case 100$ plus rebuild kit 135$ BW1356=235$
Tranfercase linkage 50$=Pain in the ass to find
Misc. shop supplys, oils, and beer 100$

Most of my parts are out of a salvage yard, and just about everything was busted and I rebuilt it to save money. In the end I only did it because I wanted a dually 4X4, and I already had the dually. It is pricey and takes a hellava lot of work. Espessialy like me working by myself. My truck is a 1994 turbo diesel. with a haulin ass IDI motor Thanks to KEN at DPS. Anyway hope this helps. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

First off Ken did not build by engine, rather upgraded existing componets. Like the turbo, IJ pump, Ceramic coating, and head studs, big intercooler. T&P machinery San antonio Tx. did my machinery, and Im not gonna go into what all was done, but I assembled the thing and it hauls. To put it into perspective I own a FACTORY 1998 mustang gt and the truck will run right with it up until about 85mph or so. Oh yeah if I ever manage to get in front I dont see how anyone could see were there going, black smoke gallor! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.