The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just installed a 2" leveling kit on my 2008 F350. It consisted of 2" billet spacers, 2" shock extensions, and a drop down track bar bracket. I did not have a socket large enough to do the drop down bracket so just the spacers and the shock extensions went on today.

The good:
The height of the front is perfect now and my truck has a great stance.

The bad:
The front axle now sits slightly to the drivers side. Not much, only about 1/2". Also the truck is pulling very slightly to the right.

Does anyone know whether the track bar drop bracket will fix the bad issues? I have read the drop bracket will fix the axle being off center but not sure if it will fix the slight pull. Can anyone in the know help me out with an answer here.

I am getting some 295 70 18 tires installed tomorrow. Really looking forward to a new look.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
track bar drop bracket's should never be used unless a equal dropped Pitman arm is used.
You Need a adj track bar and Castor shims to get you castor back to stock.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wish I had heard from someone earlier.

The drop bracket is on. It did center the axle and the truck rides good. The only issue is my steering wheel is cocked but I'll get that straight today. I'll order a set of castor shims and make the change over to an adjustable arm later.

I have to say the truck looks awesome and rides so much better than it did with the crappy factory Continental tires that had a broken belt on the rear tire.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts