The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends..Im looking for a power steering pump bracket for m 97 7.3 This is the second time Ill be swapping this out but I refuse to pay a shop to just unbolt and swap parts out and charge me an arm and leg. Im sure I can get this done correctly but the part is crazy expensive from ford and parts places here in Miami do not carry them. If I cant find a decent one soon Im going to have to search yards here for one. Which Id rather not do because I really don't have the time to search for one. Please help if you happen to have one laying around...

·
Premium Member
8,571 Posts
What's wrong with your bracket?

They are getting expensive because they are no longer being made.

If it is cracked or broken take it to a welder and have them weld it back together

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey bugman thanks for the reply. It seems to only be cracked so I might be able to do that but its sheared a bolt which tells me something else is the problem. Maybe it wasn't torqued to spec. The pulley doesn't line up perfectly with the rest of the pulleys the belt rides on so it pops off. Obviously its because that bolt sheared off. Im going to remove the bracket to inspect it further.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts