The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still riding on OEM tires which are, Continental Contitrac M+S LT275/70 R18 125/122S Apprx. 50 K miles, plenty of tread left but the tires were built the 29th week of 2008 so, they're 8 years old and I'm thinking it's time to put on fresh rubber. Nothing wrong with the ride, truck stops well when braking, even in the wet but the age bothers me. My casual inspection of the tires reveal shallow cracks in the tread sipes. That's not a deal breaker, the light tire cracking as most of the other factors say the tires can roll a while longer, but the plan is to buy some fresh tires soon

That said, what brand and model of tire should I consider replacing the OEM's with, or, stay with the Contitracs? I don't do any amount of towing, used to. We're using this truck mainly as the family wagon, grocery better. Knowing my wife, she'll want to buy Michelin's, and they are good tires...just put a set on our 98' F-150 NASCAR addition a year ago, but have to say I like Contitracs. If appearances count for anything, the Contitracs make the truck sit high and proud...I say that as I've seen some tires on this same truck, make the truck sit and ride lower, and just didn't look right, as if they were the wrong size, and maybe they were

Any who what does the wisdom of the forum have to say, what brand, model of tires should we consider, besides Michelin? I'm going to guess we're looking at dropping $200 per wheel installed/balanced locally (Ocala Fla.)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts