The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
I heard it is a direct replacement, and it will fit right in. if you do this swap, please keep me in mind, and give me dibbs on your console. i have the center seat and have considered switching to a center console.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm right in the middle of finalizing a few decisions and placing my order. I have been trying to decide between the seat or console. It's nice to see that it is an easy swap if I want to change it. One thing he said in the link was that the center console has a power outlet. If you have the center seat, does that mean there is a pigtail for that outlet or not? The main reason I wanted to order the seat is that my last Ford truck (an Excursion) had the center console. It was smaller than the ones are now and it wasn't comfortable at all to lean on. The seat also had an armrest that was so short it would literally hit my arm at my elbow. The new consoles look a lot more comfortable to lean your arm on. Is the console more comfortable than the older ones?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I didn't see any wiring on my truck. I ended up adding a power point under the seat in the middle using one of the upfitter switches so my kid could plug in all his electronic junk. My prior F150 had a powerpoint in the back with the same seat configuration (40/20/40) and I was annoyed this truck didn't have one...

·
Registered
103 Posts
I changed my center seat for the console in it doesn't fit the same, had to drill the backets and the power connector was wrong. I assume it was a job 1 or 2 console and I have a job three. Where in Texas are you? I am coming to San Antonio right after Christmas, youngest is in basic. Maybe a good deal can be swung?

·
Registered
130 Posts
thats weird, the guy i know swapped in a console from an 08 into a pre 08 bench seat truck, and your 08 wont fit an 08 console??

·
Registered
103 Posts
Bolt Holes on the front was short by almost an inch. Rodrilled the holes, changed the connector it was off to the races

·
Registered
97 Posts
ok I have checked and the one on ebay will fit but I will have to remove the arm rests from the captain chairs. So when you take the arm rest off is there a trim piece that goes in place of the am rest?? thnks

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am considering replacing my center console in my 2008 F-250 to the factory seat. Has anyone done this?? I was browsing ebay and found this
eBay Motors: New 2008 f-350 Lariat Center Seat Gray Leather 250 450 (item 300280401618 end time Dec-18-08 20:31:52 PST)
How much should I spend to get this done?

Thanks in advance.
I started with the bench seat in my Job 3 2008 F-250 and swapped it for a center console I found on eBay. I see absolutely no reason why you couldn't do the opposite. In fact, I'm just about to post my bench seat on eBay or Craigslist because it's been sitting around for 9 months taking up space. If you have some simple tools and an hour or two, it's really easy to do this replacement.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I really want to take my console out and put the center seat/console in but I'm not sure if it is a good idea since i have the captain chairs. I will have to (figure out how to) remove the arm rests and stop pins then cover that area with something ??

·
Registered
41 Posts
I really want to take my console out and put the center seat/console in but I'm not sure if it is a good idea since i have the captain chairs. I will have to (figure out how to) remove the arm rests and stop pins then cover that area with something ??
I'm very confident the 2008 center seat will work on a 2008 vehicle with captains chairs, but I really don't know how to retrofit a 2008 seat into a pre 2008 truck. I used to have a 2001 F-250 with the captains chairs, so I know what you mean with the armrest issue. I would imagine the armrests come off, but I have never tried to do that. I wouldn't know what plug to suggest for the exposed contact point until I saw it.

Also, are you OK with the possibility that the seat colors might not match perfectly?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm very confident the 2008 center seat will work on a 2008 vehicle with captains chairs, but I really don't know how to retrofit a 2008 seat into a pre 2008 truck. I used to have a 2001 F-250 with the captains chairs, so I know what you mean with the armrest issue. I would imagine the armrests come off, but I have never tried to do that. I wouldn't know what plug to suggest for the exposed contact point until I saw it.

Also, are you OK with the possibility that the seat colors might not match perfectly?

Yes the fact that the color may not match is on my mind too, I am going to hold off and think about it. but i really do hate my console..:icon_rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I am looking to replace my center seat with a factory console if I could find one that was like new. My truck has the medium stone interior!

·
Registered
18 Posts
They have Medium Stone Consoles all over eBay....
make sure to get one with the brackets.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Does anybody have a console seat in black leather they want to sell? I need to make room for yet another kid in my 08 FX4 F250.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
I am currently upgrading mine. I bought a seat/console from an 07 off of ebay, then bought King Ranch leather off ebay, and my upholstery guy is recovering the seat/console with my King Ranch leather. The 07 seat brackets bolt right up. I'll post pics when I get it back from the upholstery guy.

Rev

1 - 20 of 21 Posts