The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ha e an 02 f350 sd, with 7.3 psd. When I accelerate, the truck starts to pick up speed then stops. The engine is still running. I let off the accelerator and push again it will start picking up speed then stop. Engine is still running. It does this constantly. I have replaced the accelerator pedal. It still does it. Has anyone ever had this problem? All help and suggestion are appreciated. Thanks, Jimmyt

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
Have you checked fuel pressure?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did a month ago, I dont remember what it was. Forgot 2 write it down. I hooked my SCT programmer up and was able 2 get a code, p0603. I haven't had anytime 2 check all the readings. Been working, I have 2 of these trucks. I will, take all my readings and post them Sunday.

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
The P603 code means nothing, just that the batteries were disconnected or a tuner can set that code as well. First step in trouble shooting is remove the tuner/chip to see how she runs stock. In your case though it sure sounds like fuel starvation from clogged screens or a broken off pickup foot, both common on these trucks. Dropping the tank and doing the Hutch mod will fix all of that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It has been detuned and I have replaced everything in the tank, because, of the broken pick up tube.

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
I'd still put a gauge on it, lots can happen with the fuel system. Pinched line, air infiltration at a clamp or quick disconnect, bad pump, debris in the pump inlet screen. Did you do the Hutch mod or did you replace the pickup assembly with another OEM unit?

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
That could be a problem, the OEM system is flawed which is why we do the Hutch mod. Any crap in the tank and you will plug the OEM setup again. Sometimes you can disconnect the fuel line at the pump and blow shop air back into the tank, if the screens are plugged this will temporarily clear them and at least you will know if that is the issue.

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
Another issue can be air getting sucked in at the quick disconnect fittings

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
why don't you make a you tube and paste the link here?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What is the purpose of performing the hutch mod. What are the symptoms of a truck that has not had the hutch mod done.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts