The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 with 135,000 miles and engine is bone stock except exhaust and cold air intake.

I have recently noticed when I take off from a dead stop when it accelerates it wants to drop rpms. That's not really a good description. It's almost like you put your foot on the brake and gas at the same time creating a misfire feeling. The rpm range drops about 100 rpm and then goes back up. Sorta like a surge. It loses lots of power almost to the point you wonder if it is going to climb the hill or not. I have noticed it does it primarily at about 1800-2000 rpm and primarily in drive after driving a couple of miles. Although it has done it in 2nd gear too. Once it hits overdrive it seems fine at 55-60 mph until it starts up a hill then loses lots of power quickly. The turbo seems to be working correctly holding 10-25 pounds of boost on the stock gauge. It really doesn't help to mash the pedal on down as it still lunges up and down and loses power. I initially thought it was dirty fuel filters so I changed them (needed it anyway). Didn't help any. If anything it seems worst. The more I drive it the worst and more often it seems to do it. When I changed filters, I cracked the top filter cap. I replaced it and cycled the system several times to remove any air that got in. I have run 2 tanks of fuel through it since and it is still the same. The check engine light is off and has never came on. The truck idles fine and drives fine except during this instance.

Is it the ICP sensor going bad, bad injector, or other? Without a code I am lost on what to do first.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
You can pull the ICP plug and see how it runs without it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Think you hit the nail on the head. Pulled the plug and drove it 20 miles and it never did it again. Seems like I read somewhere there is a key sequence you are suppose to do when you install the new sensor. The wiring harness looked good. No oil or damage to it at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts