The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am back in the Ford game after many Dodges. I brought home 2015 F-350 the other night. The truck I wanted had dead batteries so they had to charge them up and check engine light was on. I thought it was because of batteries. Nope, the EGR temp sensor module was throwing a code. Turns out wired to sensor was chewed up. Damn varmit had been at it. Easy fix I guess.

The couple days I drove it before dealer looked at it I was pulling around a 77x14 flatbed trailer with a couple peices of furniture. Felt like truck could barely pull it. Would power be limited until code was cleared? Can't imagine I should even be able to tell the trailer was back there.

Auto start wouldn't work with the code on either.

Jim

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Orignally we didn't know there was an issue with the wire. With the batteries dead and then charging and such about 10 codes came up. Once code were cleared, EGR code didn't come up for a few miles of driving. Today they replaced the wire and code is gone and I can tell full power is back. Per tech I talked to: power will be limited with the EGR temp sensor code for precautions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.