The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when driving my 96 f-350 dually,my check engine light comes on and i loose the left bank , it just runs on the right bank, i checked for codes but no codes shown? the issue comes and goes? when running i pulled the wire conecters to the valve covers and it does not change how it runs? im new to the powerstroke....what next?

·
Super Moderator
6,332 Posts
First two guesses would be under valve cover wiring harness or harnesses shorted and/or melted together (that was my problem when mine failed in may of 2002, thread HERE). Barring that, IDM (Injector Driver Module) would be my next place to look.

Dave / Believer45

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the tip, we have been fighting it from Oregon to tucson AZ, runs great for a few hundred miles the have a few miles of trouble. i would mess with the wires to the valve covers and it would run good again....

·
Super Moderator
6,332 Posts
Yep, my money is on the valve cover gaskets and under valve cover wiring harnesses. Do a search, there are many threads concerning this.

If you need some good information on the repair send me an email at [email protected] with the email address you want me to use to reply and I will send you three attachments on the glow plug system for your use. The second will detail what is involved in the harness repairs and such, the other two are just in case you need the glow plug system information in the future.

Dave / Believer45

·
Super Moderator
6,332 Posts
Vwmcgee, please pm me when you get the email and get the attachments open.

·
Super Moderator
6,332 Posts
Got your email - good deal.

Good luck with the rest of your trip.

Dave / Believer45

1 - 6 of 6 Posts