The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my fuel gelled 3 days ago. It was a bear but I finally got it all cleared out and running again. However, the last 2 days on cold starts I get this horrible clicking noise for a few seconds after start. The sound is right under the dash but goes away after a few seconds and doesn’t come back if I start it back up when the engine is warm. Maybe the fuel pump or some kind of vacuum leak?

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
To me, a "horrible clicking noise" that wasn't there before (?) doesn't seem like something to just blow off. I would want to know what it is. I would begin by trying to identify where the sound is coming from: actually in the dash or from under the truck or in the engine compartment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey OP let us know what is clicking. Don't leave us hanging
Mine just started doing this also.. it's more of a knocking noise from the engine.. (kinda the same diesel sound but much louder and higher pitched..) mainly when the temp is low does it do this..

After it warms up it disappears..

Would love to have any insight on this.. (120k 2012 F250) started noticing this after an oil change.. but it has progressively gotten louder over time..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Solved, honestly forgot about it because I had to change the CP4 out a couple months later and I moved. It just started again and i've figured out it's the 5 door air terminal actuator. Idk if I'll replace it right away, doesn't seem like something that would hurt anything else. Still works fine to blow hot or cold, except for the lack of a cabin air filter which is another thing I need to clean out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts