The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'06 noticing low turbo boost when getting on it... turbo pressure goes up to about 15-16psi and will not increase from there. I get good acceleration from stop, but then it levels off. Thinking it must be something in the CAC system? I did a quick visual inspection of the boots tonight but didn't notice any holes/cracks initially.

Also was pulling my fiver this weekend and the exhaust gas temps did seem to run a bit higher than normal...not sure if that's related? I guess it could be if it isn't getting the normal cooler air from the turbo?

thoughts?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
266 Posts
Sounds like it's time to clean out the turbo. I had a truck just like that in the shop last week. The unison ring was rusted to the housing. It wouldn't generate over 15 LBS of boost.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks... had that in the back of my mind. trying to rule out any small leaks/sensor malfunction first before i pull the turbo.

whats the story with EBP? I've read multiple things that it matters/doesn't matter in relation to the turbo

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
update

well my first inspection of the hoses was apparently not exhaustive enough.... found the culprit ---- the lower boot going into the CAC has a good 2-3" long tear in it.

love the easy fix...

·
Registered
261 Posts
The EBP has everything to do with the turbo, it tell the vanes what to do. I think it will usually turn on a code. I just replaced mine, really cheap and easy fix in my case. Glad you found the leak. I like the riff-raff diesel cac boots, better than ford boots.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cannot find how to start a new thread question

I have an F800 dump truck 1995 with Electro Hydraulic brake system, just put on new power booster with Master - bleed lines OK no problems but the Back park / emergency brakes will not disengage
IS there a way I can adjust them or remove them as this is a farm dump truck so all I need is regular brakes

thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts