The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 40 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
My 2000 finally rolled over to 25001 miles. Love the truck, love driving it. I don't want to wear it out and have to buy a new one, cuz there is nothing that can replace it.

Based on the 663,000 miles I got out of my last one (before it was destroyed in a wreck) you should be able to enjoy yours for about 40 more years... lol

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Beautiful truck.

My 2000 finally rolled over to 25001 miles. Love the truck, love driving it. I don't want to wear it out and have to buy a new one, cuz there is nothing that can replace it.

Beautiful truck.

·
Registered
484 Posts
99.5 with 32K
02 just hit 90K

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I thought I had a low miler with 70k miles on it. Your's should be worth some serious dough...not that I am suggesting that you sell it. A low mileage, well running 7.3 is not something you want to try to replace!
I've got 4 guys waiting in line for it. One offered me $18k. That's very reasonable, but a comparable replacement is about $65k and I refuse to be in debt ever again. :nono:

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Based on the 663,000 miles I got out of my last one (before it was destroyed in a wreck) you should be able to enjoy yours for about 40 more years... lol
Since I am over half way to being dead, I'm guessing that by the time I am gone, the truck might have close to 40-50k miles on it . The last 3-4 yrs I've been averaging a thousand miles or less each year. :ford:

·
Registered
2,195 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I thought mine was low at 135k... Man I would love to take it back to 23,000! That's not even broke in!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought my 99.5 (F-250 Manual 6 speed) in March of '99. Garaged since new and has seen very little New England winters. I'm not sure when the last time this truck has seen a salt road. No rust on this beautiful 7.3 with 80,000 on the odometer. To this day, this truck has not skipped a beat. It is used to occasionally haul my Lance camper around and was used also to pull a horse trailer. I plan on keeping this truck as long as I can.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Father's was 2000 with 67K on it. Traded in for new 6.7 last year.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Let's see if I can post a pic of my '03:

It has 78,000 miles on it. Love this truck.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
What it does best:

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
My truck has 85600 on it. Also garage kept when not driven. Runs great too. Not bad for a 1994.5 Powerstroke!! Thats about 4500 miles a year.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
My 1991 F-450 has 28,000 original miles.
It's a custom built rollback with aluminum bed. The bed rolls back then goes flat onto the ground. It was built new by a Vintage 1930s & 40s Packard/Cadillac collector who only used it for taking his show cars to shows. That's why it has such low miles on it. He felt it was a much safer way to transport his cars to shows. (he had a close mishap with a million dollar car in a trailer, then had this built for him) I got it with 21,000 orig. miles a few years ago. Very interesting truck and really great for transporting low custom cars or European exotics as well. Been using it only to transport my own cars here and there.

·
Registered
369 Posts
How many miles does your have on it. Mine is a 2002, 6 speed manual and just has clicked over 23000 miles. Always been garage kept. Still has the original tires, batteries, the plastic protective cover has never been pulled off top of the carpet yet that came on it new and 100% stock.

Where in SW VA jltrent? I'm from Wytheville.

Bought my Lariat F250, 6 speed in May 2001 and it just turned 67,000 miles. The more I drive it, the more I like it. Still have the stock tires and have always taken great care of the truck. What a great vehicle so far.

Here is a picture of the truck bringing my "new to me" Shelby home one year ago today from New Jersey.

21 - 40 of 165 Posts