The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
is your ficm good? what is the voltage? if your looking for a code reader use forscan the usb version and get a laptop and check it. from my personal knowledge is that you can check your systems that way and monitor. to me you seem to be getting a lot of electrical codes and the ficm controls your fuel system (fuel injection control module). Is everything togther? if so check your ficm and see if it is giving you 48v

· Registered
12 Posts
crazy enough that forscan will work. I had one tool stolen so I bought the laptop usb one and connected it up to my 06 6.0 and it works. will show you everything that you need to know @bismic he knows what he is talking about. one I got was for 36 online took the laptop out with me and boom. took it to the wifes navigator and fixed her issue while I was at it.

· Registered
12 Posts
Everything is together at this point, and I tried to double check every wiring harness that is visible at this point. However, I can wiggle and check the FICM connectors one more time to be sure. The connectors have broken clips unfortunatly, could those cause it to be loose enough to bring up contribution codes? Also, I have gotten a U0105 "Lost Communication with FICM" once, but the battery voltage was a little below normal at that time. It never came back, so I haven't worried about it too much, but it could possibly indicate an issue. Forscan has a free trial, right?
those broken tabs can definetly cause you issues. the ficm is made to fit snug and in there. a work around that I have seen is people using zipties around the ficm and the connectors. dont quote me on it but I have seen it and in theory I would think that it would work.

· Registered
12 Posts
Found chafing near front of driver's valve cover, but it looks like it may have been fixed before under air filter. What do you think the truck's lack of boost? Do you think it'll boost once the throttle is fixed and the truck can produce greater exhaust pressure?
your voltage seems fine but a little high? I am no expert and I am sure someone will chime in on that. as for the chafing, that needs to be fixed. check the wires for breaks, fray and stiffness. if it looks bad and you can see that it is worn then chances are it could be worn. without seeing what wires your talking about it could be several things. I am thinking that you are just having electrical issues. I personally am dealing with my own crap (pulling engine with just me).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts