The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello hoping someone can help me out. I’m at a loss. I have a 94.5 7.3 power stroke. A few days ago I was driving everything was normal when my tucks check engine light came on and I lost power. Truck was still running but with foot to the floor there was very little throdle response. Turning it off then on fixed it. I replaced the cam position sensor checked fuel filter etc.. then a few days later it did it again and then would not remain at a idle. And was hard to start. Then today I was pulling out of the driveway and got to 4th gear and it did it again. Shen I pulled over and pushed the clutch it died and when started it would not stay running. But with my chip on its high idle setting it would stay at a idle. Then when I got it home it was running fine went to take it to my shop it did it and would not stay running at high idle anymore and now it’s not starting at all.

·
Registered
10,527 Posts
I would physically remove the chip and see if the problem stays the same or not. Also, check all you valvecover harness connectors for evidence of melting or burning. Remove the oil cap and sniff to see if it smells like burned wiring insulation. Check for oil in the ICP connector. Cheers!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts