The Diesel Stop banner

Lukecline gets new track times!!

3K views 34 replies 18 participants last post by  AlanB 
#1 ·
With some new Twildman burns and a TQ lockup switch Luke put down a 14.1@94 mph!!! Consistently

Wont be long and he'll be venturing into the 13's....... This was all done with a stock turbo.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif

Im sure he'll chime in later

See less See more
#2 ·
Tony knows how to make the power. Myself I only mustered a 10.68 on a 135 degree track yesterday, went red in the 3rd round with a -.004, knew to throw some numbers in the box when the sun went down, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif. Did manage a .000 in the 1st Time shot, too bad it wasn't the 2nd one, would have won me some flash for cash money, oh well, there's always next weekend. Its good to be at the track again, Richter out.......

#3 ·
[ QUOTE ]
With some new Twildman burns and a TQ lockup switch Luke put down a 14.1@94 mph!!! Consistently

Wont be long and he'll be venturing into the 13's....... This was all done with a stock turbo.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Is he still running beans stage 2's???? Holy crap!

#4 ·
And Beans fuel system and STOCK HPOP!
Good job Luke, the force is with you!
Rick H...

#5 ·
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is he still running beans stage 2's???? Holy crap!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, good ole No. 2's on good ole #2. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif bdp standard fuel system on a stock turbo. I would say the g-force is strong with Luke. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

#6 ·
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif....

I can't wait to get my truck in some thinner air..

Nice numbers Luke.

Later,

AlanB

#7 ·
Thanks guys! Just made it home ~ 900 miles traveled, avged around 15 mpg for the trip.

I weighed and im at 7300 lbs race ready instead of 7100 as listed last.

heres my number 2 and 3 runs:

rt .642
60' 2.036
1/8 77.06 mph
1/8 8.985
1/4 94.49 mph
1/4 14.149

rt .209
60' 2.029
1/8 76.96 mph
1/8 8.986
1/4 94.22 mph
1/4 14.157

I made 4 runs total 3 of which were 14.1's and a 14.3 with bad traction problems. The track wasnt giving us timeslips so justin had to go up in tower and get a print out (He had to bribe them and twist their arm off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif). Print out sucks it is barely readable, but i will try and get a pic or scanned into computer for all to see. Sorry no pics or video, bat went dead and i left digital camera at home. I do have some video of Tony and I out playing and tuning it gets a little smokey at several points /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif. Thanks for the AWESOME TUNES Tony!!!! Ya'll gotta get some of these!

On a sidenote a guy in a '05 6 liter (custom built short bed 2wd) running pane, bullydog/ edge juice with attitude stack, stock tires was also running. He only bested me one time with a run of 14.08 @ 98 and severe traction problems (trap speed was higher on every pass than mine, et slower though). He made 5 or 6 runs on which the last his truck became a 6 leaker /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif. He will probably be regesiter on here so he can get help finding injectors, headstuds and other go fast goodies.

later, Luke

#8 ·
Those are some good numbers dude. BDP stage 2's are kicking a#$ everywhere you look these days.I am looking forward to getting my new programming from Tony anyday now.

Steve

#10 ·
way to go luke /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif.very nice numbers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif.
my 3'intake's came in today and stage2's are on order.i hope mine will runs that good
terry

#11 ·
You know, we really need to look at Lukes set up real close.
He made these runs with stock turbo, stock intakes, stock HPOP.
Luke, at what point do you throw the lock up switch? If manual, maybe we need to figure a way to do it automatic? Joat is coming up with a electronic circuit that uses the VSS, might need to keep an eye on it.
My point....
To get a daily driver in the low (very low) 14's with stock items listed above, why am I messing with NOS, water/meth and others propane?
Now the long term effects, how long will Lukes truck stay together?
Rick H...

#12 ·
I manually throw it as soon as second gear hits. with all the previous programs at wot shifts tc would unlock and slip between the 2-3 and 3-4 shifts. I made the tc lock to try and eliminate that, and it worked. with the latest customs from tony he raised line pressures and pretty well took care of the slipping w/o me using the tc lock. The tc lock is probably not essential but it really makes the shifts hit hard and fast.

luke

#13 ·
Now, when you say stock hpop, are you considering a superduty pump as stock too? Which it is a stock part, just not origionally on these trucks. Or are you considering stock because it is not one of the new tweaked pumps or dual pumps? I understand both, but I think it is important to take in account that it is a superduty hpop.

Good numbers nonetheless Luke. I'm very impressed. Makes me want to do another round of upgrades.

#14 ·
Those are some very sweet numbers Luke! Get those 60' times where they should be and it could be real interesting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

#16 ·
Meaning stock Ford Part. If you went to Ford to buy an HPOP for a 7.3 for an 02 lets say, you may get the smae pump as if you ask for one to fit a 97. Thats what I am thinking anyway.
Rick H...

#17 ·
my hpop is an un-humped '02, which from what i understand is the same flow capacity as our stock pump.

#18 ·
[ QUOTE ]
my hpop is an un-humped '02, which from what i understand is the same flow capacity as our stock pump.

[/ QUOTE ]

The stock pump on the 94-97 and the 01 and up pumps had about 6 percent flow difference. The humped pump had more swashplate angle increase to give even more flow.

#19 ·
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The stock pump on the 94-97 and the 01 and up pumps had about 6 percent flow difference. The humped pump had more swashplate angle increase to give even more flow.

[/ QUOTE ]

The swash plate angle is what the difference is that makes them flow more.

#20 ·
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The swash plate angle is what the difference is that makes them flow more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that what I just said?

#22 ·
Nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif, Try heating the rear tires up a bit to help with traction. Even with a good burn out I still have traction problems in 4x4 if I spool the R's up to much at the light. Good luck and keep us posted.
JIM

#23 ·
There were some doubting Lukes dyno #'s when he ran awhile back, so lets see,

He dynoed 424hp uncorrected

Run the trap speed at Smokemup and it puts him at 418hp at the wheels. I would say his dyno #'s are pretty much right on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

#24 ·
Folks, When luke gets his traction problem under control, he'll be entering the 13's...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif

After doing a little street racing this weekend-hisdyno #'s are the real deal....

His axle hop looked like AlanB's in his video /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

And yes we warned the 6leaker dude that he was messin with fire-on his last run he said "man something happened at the end" we popped the hood and that dude was SOAKED! LOL

Luke next time we need to hit a test-n-tune!!

Later, (from eastern Pennsylivania that is)

#25 ·
I replaced 3 hpop's at work last week, all were '03's, part # suffix was crm, which is for the late 99 and up. Of the three "crm" pumps only two were humped, the other flat, you tell me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

#26 ·
Glad to hear ya made it! I dont care if we hit a t&t or midnight drags next time i had a blast and i cant waith to come down again. It did kinda suck gettting back to motel at 430am, it was worth every $ and minute though.

luke

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.