The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be my first performance mod and I want it right the first time.
Here in Houston I can get the Magnaflow for $499.00 or the DPPI for $490.00.
Both prices are for aluminized pipe and un-installed.
Since the price difference is negligible which one performs the best ?
I also don't want it extremely loud...for now anyway. LOL
Which would be quieter ?
Thanks.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Unbroke,
If you look back through thousands of previous posts, I think you'll find one thing stands out above all other mods in all of the forums combined. The DPPI exhaust. I have no experience with the M-flow, but I installed a DPPI turbo back on mine in my driveway in about 3 hours and have been grinning at the jet I drive every day since.

Good luck and enjoy.

Steve

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
never heard a dppi kit in person, as there arent too many hopped up diesels here in savannah, georgia. ive got the stainless magnaflow turbo back kit on my truck and love it. its not as loud as my friends hog exhaust, but it whines plenty nuff to please me. i added the 6" tip and noticed a little megaphone effect, but it deepens the sound a little bit and sounds better i think. the magnoflow kit will not come with a tip, so you cna add whichever one you choose- i think the dppi does come with a 5" tip. you really cant go wrong with either kit...

·
Registered
88 Posts
I did the DPPI. Would do it again in a heartbeat if I had another 6.0. Total time with 2 guys and a hoist was 1.5 hours. The only hard part was getting the turbo clamp off. Took everything off without cutting anything. Mark said it would fit like a glove and it did. Now, how do I wipe the *$#%eatin grin off my kids face when he tools around in it. The only good thing is he will either be on the Harley or in the truck, and that leaves the boat for me and my sweetie!!!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have a Magnaflow and it went on ok but I had to cut the pipe to fit then a few days later I had a horrible noise well I found out that the exhaust hanger was too long and it was rubbin on the frame and oh was it loud so I had to take it all out trim the hanger and put it back in. IMO I would do the DPPI now cuz I haven't heard one person complain about them. Also keep in mind with your 2004 the turbo wont be all that loud like all the 03 are I have my strait piped now and it ain't nearly as loud as the 03

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
I've had both and the DPP is the best in my book. Rick

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
I think that's actually $389.95 but who's counting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I just had my Magnaflow installed! I keep finding myself driving different, like a gasser now that I hear the exhaust. It sounds good! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif

By the way, for anyone in the DFW area, the shop that did mine, sells Magnaflow. I could have bought the system from them, installed for almost what I paid to have it shipped and delivered to me. Great guys and they did a great job in less than 2 hours too! Someone posted their name before, it's Pronto Muffler and Brakes on 75 in Plano. They also have other aftermarket goodies and are diesel friendly! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts