The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the site may have malware. I keep getting a popup for Adobe Acrobat update on my mack. Some of them carry the Bing malware could admin check it out?
Thanks
DENNY

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think the site may have malware. I keep getting a popup for Adobe Acrobat update on my mack. Some of them carry the Bing malware could admin check it out?
Thanks
DENNY
Sir: ... I, as well, use a 'MAC' Desktop exclusively ... THAT notification is NOT connected w/ 'MALWARE!' ...many "REPLIES" have associated exhibits / attachments / DVDs / etc., - - One must have Adobe Acrobat in order to use most any Web Site - - - BEFORE logging "IN" here at 'Dieselstop' - simply go directly to 'ADOBE' to download & install a legitimate, latest, free Copy or Version Lastly, consider a free application / download of 'Malwarebytes' for Mac ... it helps, too. ... ... THEN, come back here. Have a Great Day! - - - eliwhitney

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eliwhitney
Are you one of the site administrators? The pop up I get has no relation to Adobe in its URL address. It took me quite some time in the past to get rid of the Bing malware. Malwarebites did the trick, I just don't want to get anther malware issue. Adobe is going to be going away soon. Adobe Flash Player End of Life
DENNY

·
Registered
10,899 Posts
Past few days (and before that too) any of the forums I'm on that use this same setup (there's at least 4 of them), I've been getting full screen "notifications" that tell me my McAfee, Norton, etc. subscription is no longer valid … just click here (yeah right!). It's annoying as heck! I don't report it since I don't think anything would get done anyway. Cheers!

·
Administrator
1,436 Posts
Hey all!
To best help us file these, we'll need some information about the issue.
  • Your Device & Version:
  • OS & Version:
  • Browser & Extensions:
  • URL you attempted to access:
The more you can provide the sooner and better we can work to resolving it. If you feel comfortable and capable of collecting the HAR we'd appreciate that as well. Start a conversation with us if you get that HAR capture.

Thanks for the assistance!
Gerrit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts