The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,
I have a new standard brand pigtail for a MAP sensor for my 1997 power stroke. My problem is I need help with please is the wires are different colours from factory. My power stroke never came with a MAP sensor plug. The MAP sensor plug was removed to the inner lugs to run , I suspect a non compatible map sensor. I will test the frequency of the old MAP before I remove it. The new pigtail does not even fit in the old MAP socket.

This is the new pigtail, it has black with white trace on the left, blue with green trace in centre and orange with white trace on the right as pictured. The factory wires are green with black trace ( signal to pcm ) in the centre I think, Brown with a white trace for 5 volts+ and grey with a red trace for ground. Would anyone please know which colours go were ?
Thanks
Bob

·
Registered
10,672 Posts
See if the attached picture from my PCED helps. Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent Patrick, thanks mate, your worth a million.
Bob

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Before you start cutting these wires, how about posting pics of the current sensor? I have to wonder if you're looking at the right thing, and it would suck if you cut the wrong thing off, spliced a MAP in its place, and then fried the PCM.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I think this MAP sensor is not the wright one, anyhow it is producing a fault code and not producing a frequency.
Thanks
Bob

·
Registered
10,672 Posts
Definitely the wrong MAP! Ours is larger than that if I recall correctly. Cheers!

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
You have the wrong MAP.... ours are analog....I believe you have the Digital one....not compatible....

·
Registered
2,945 Posts

·
Registered
10,672 Posts
You have the wrong MAP.... ours are analog....I believe you have the Digital one....not compatible....
Ours are the ones that output a variable frequency (which the Ford PCED refers to as digital). The ones that produce a variable analog voltage are accordingly called analog, are used on the 99 (and up I guess). Cheers!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks guys, I have one on order from eBay, I will let you know how it goes.
Thanks
Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts