The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started my truck to let it chill of before taking kids to swim practice and when I came out the their was over a gallon of oil on the driveway. It was coming out the top of high pressure oil pump around the sensor. I guess the oring let go after 300,000+ miles. I have never heard of a leak here. I checked everywhere starting from the bottom starting with the oil cooler. But as soon as I opened the good it was obvious were it was coming from.

·
Super Moderator
24,880 Posts
Do you mean the top of the HPOP reservoir? That's the low pressure side, so you're lucky there, although it can go up to 75 psi or so. Replacing the o-ring is a cheap fix.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I started my truck to let it chill of before taking kids to swim practice and when I came out the their was over a gallon of oil on the driveway. It was coming out the top of high pressure oil pump around the sensor. I guess the oring let go after 300,000+ miles. I have never heard of a leak here. I checked everywhere starting from the bottom starting with the oil cooler. But as soon as I opened the good it was obvious were it was coming from.

Posting a picture would help. To help identify the leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes top of the reservoir.

·
Premium Member
3,805 Posts
Could you post a photo?

Is it just an o-ring or something more?

·
Super Moderator
24,880 Posts
OP said the leak was around the sensor (actually a switch that senses a minimum oil pressure on the low pressure side and makes the gauge go to mid-range). That and the plug toward the driver's side are SAE boss o-ring style connections. The o-ring is trapped in a groove in the top of the reservoir between that and the sensor or plug. Same type of deal as the HPOP fittings and the ones in the oil lines to the heads, but a smaller size.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts