The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Since you are still leaking some oil, but not as much as before, is it possible that the HPOP was replaced, but not the o-rings where the oil lines from the HPOP attach to the oil rail. Those o-rings frequently leak also. You can get those o-rings from here. Ford 7.3 Diesel Engine O-rings and Plug Gaskets

Get the Forscan here. Download FORScan

You will need the OBD adapter also. The link for that is on the Forscan website link above.

See if you get any codes with that, and post them here so that we can help you with the diagnosis.

Copy that, I'll get it scanned and let y'all know. I replaced the HPOP myself, and the o-rings are intact.

·
Registered
9 Posts
yes this is true i blew the rear hpop cover 9-ring bout 1gal every 10 miles had to carry 5gal oil with me till i figured out it was pouring from hpop threw vally and down the back of motor thought reae main at 1st
More likely you've lost an o-ring in the HP oil system. Clean it up and track down the leak point.
With some oil still up in the engine, they can restart when oil very low, as the oil drains back down, but will then stall again as the level in the pan drops and the oil pickup starts sucking air.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts