The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Was that the "BRAKE" light or the "(P) (!)" light? The latter, on the bottom right corner of the cluster, should be the one that comes on due to either loss of hydraulic pressure or the switch on the E-brake pedal ass'y not staying closed.
it was the parking brake light

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
How much fuel in the tank? If below 1/4 you could have a broken pickup and it's not getting fuel. Other possibilities include bad lift pump, air intrusing, plugged filter. I bet the IP is fine.
I replaced the lifter pump, about to change the fuel filter and water separator. but i think that the problem has something to do with the IP not getting enough voltage. I need to check the wiring.

little over 1/4 tank

·
Registered
6,680 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
thanks, ill check in the morning. im starting to that it is sucking air like rsr911 said. gonna fill up tank and see if it makes any difference. thanks for the input so far.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the numbers and info Jesse. Im the 3rd owner of this truck, previous owner swapped in 6.9 and put a turbo on it. its got 4:10gears. another question does 4:10 offer better or worse fuel economy then 3:55? i dont know anything about gear ratios
Worse. My 92 7.3 IDI nonturbo has 4.10 gearin & gets 10 MPG Highway at 2450 rpm, my dad's 04 6.0 Powerstroke with 3.73 gearin gets 16 MPG Highway

21 - 26 of 26 Posts