The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

This weekend I was lucky enough to receive my 4" MBRP turbo back kit and went to work as soon as I could :banana_hitit:

I got everything out and while going together I had a few issues.:icon_frown: I couldn't get the darned mounts to line up with the factory grommets on the frame to save my life. I was under the damn thing for up to 5 hours. I got it close and used some plumbers tape to hold it in place until I can get another look at it. :jester:

My question is am I the only one that has had issues like this? I suppose I could contact the seller but I am happy with what I have. Just wondering if there is anything I can do to double check and or make it better?

After the install I noticed something that looks like oil coming out of my tailpipe and I am curious if that is something I could have caused? I've got another thread going for that issue just thought I'd mention it. :sneaky:

http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f24/oil-my-exhaust-541218/

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Your one of the unlucky few to have fitment issues with your mbrp.

the oil issue is unrelated to the exhaust install. Most likely a failed sealing ring on the exhaust turbine

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your one of the unlucky few to have fitment issues with your mbrp.

the oil issue is unrelated to the exhaust install. Most likely a failed sealing ring on the exhaust turbine
Good to know thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sorry to hear your having troubles with your install. Did you hook up the down pipe not to tighten the clamp all the way so it can still move. Also I just rested the piping that goes over the axle and then I just worked from the downpipe back just take your time and depending if you have a four door long bed or short bed you have the extension that you need to cut. There was a hanger for the last piping that goes over the axle that I had to take off to insert in the hanger and then bolt it back on. Don't tighten everything until you are satisfied with your install.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts